Information and Media Officer1
- Company: International Cocoa Organization
- Deadline: Friday 19th November 2010
- Location: London
P-1/P-2 on the United Nations salary scale
A full-time contract which, with satisfactory performance, will become permanent after five years. The probationary period will be for one year.
Purpose of post
- To promote the activities of the Organization through the preparation of publications, presentations and through relations with the Press;
- To operate the ICCO website and maintain relations with external contacts
- To maintain a specialized research-oriented library and information system on cocoa
Major duties and responsibilities
- To compile news on the Organization and gather information on cocoa-related matters for placing on the website
- To draft press releases and to maintain contacts with the national and international press
- To assist in drafting and updating the ICCO brochure, Annual Report and other promotional publications
- To deal with Frequently Asked Questions on the website
- To acquire and process new material for the library collection
- To handle and file all material received in the library
- To assist ICCO staff, delegates and external visitors to the library
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and experience required
- An advanced degree of a recognised university or post-graduate diploma in Information Studies/media with a minimum of 2 years’ post-graduate experience
- Experience in handling inputs in and out of websites is essential
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages
- Full command of oral and written English including experience in drafting of documents. Working knowledge of French, Spanish and/or Russian would be considered an advantage.
Interviews are scheduled to take place at the beginning of December. It is hoped that the prospective candidate may be able to take up their post on 1 January 2011.
The ICCO offers an attractive salary package including a United Kingdom tax-free salary, participation in a Pension Scheme and a generous holiday allowance. Applicants will be treated as locally-recruited.
How to apply
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae by post as follows:
Dr. Jean-Marc Anga
Executive Director a.i.
International Cocoa Organization
1-19 New Oxford Street
Applications can also be sent by fax to (44) 207-421-5500 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm