ICT Systems Administration Officer1
- Company: Tanathi Water Services Board
- Deadline: Tuesday 20th September 2011
- Location: Kitui
TANATHI Water Services Board is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation created under Section 51 of the Water Act, 2002 vide Legal Notice No. 69 dated 4th June, 2008. The Board has the legal mandate of ensuring efficient and economical provision of water services within its area of jurisdiction which covers Kajiado, Makueni, Machakos and Kitui Counties.
The Board is now seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
ICT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Report to the Finance and Administration Manager and responsible for management and monitoring of ICT service support including the service desk, incident management:-
- Ensure that hardware and software components of the Board’s ICT systems are availed and properly installed and maintained and that staff are adequately trained and supported to use them efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that the Board establishes and maintains appropriate connectivity for its networking, communications and other needs.
- Manage all software of the various user departments such as human resources, payroll, finance and technical departments.
- Ensure that backup of application software’s are regularly made and properly stored.
- Manage web operations, provide internet support, allocate user rights and ensure security systems are in place.
- Ensure that all systems are integrated and operate efficiently in accordance with IT guidelines i.e. LAN and WAN.
- Liaise with external service providers for the maintenance and support systems, including minimizing virus interruption.
- University degree in Information science, Computer science, ICT or any other relevant field from a recognized University.
- Professional qualification in ICT (Preferably with a post graduate diploma in ICT).
- Professional qualification in networking.
- At least 4 years experience in a busy ICT management environment, with 2 years as the head of systems administration in a busy organization.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the prescribed job requirements for the position should forward their application enclosing copies of the following:
- Academic, professional certificates and testimonials
- Detailed curriculum vitae including details of telephone contacts, e-mail address, current position and remuneration.
- Name and contacts of three referees to,
The Chief Executive Officer
Tanathi Water Services Board
Kitui – Kenya
Telefax: +254 044-4422416
Website: www.tanathi.go.ke So as to be received on or before 20th September 2011 at 4:00 pm
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm