ICT Customer Service Officer1
- Company: International Livestock Research Institute
- Deadline: Friday 23rd September 2011
- Location: Nairobi
ICT CUSTOMER SERVICES OFFICER Vacancy Number: ICT/CSO/09/11
Department: World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Duration: 2-year term with possibility of renewal
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works at the crossroads of livestock and poverty, bringing high-quality livestock science, communications and capacity building to bear on poverty reduction and sustainable development. ILRI is one of 15 centres supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). ILRI has campuses in Kenya (headquarters) and Ethiopia, with other offices located in other regions of Africa (Mali, Mozambique, and Nigeria) as well as in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam) and East Asia (China).
The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) is supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), generates science-based knowledge about the complex role that trees play in agricultural landscapes, and uses its research to ensure that policies and practices benefit the poor and the environment. It’s headquartered in Nairobi.
ILRI and ICRAF are seeking to recruit an ICT Customer Service officer reporting to the ICT Customer Services Manager, to be based on theILRI campus. The holder will be expected to provide assistance and support to users ensuring the efficient use of ICT equipment, applications and resources on the campuses through the resolution of high-end problems and passing-on of their knowledge and experience.
- Provide technical support to users on the campus by diagnoses and resolution of ICT problems;
- Provide specialised support for non-core applications that the customers have asked the Unit to help support;
- Take over the resolution of problems that have been escalated by the ICT Customer Service technicians when they have been unable to resolve a problem within the assigned timeframe;
- Provide the main link between ICT Customer Service team and the infrastructure team;
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the ICT Customer Service helpdesk/support technicians as well as students on attachment;
- Monitor the implementation of policies, procedures and standards on the campus and make the necessary corrections where necessary;
- Identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimised, through training, user awareness, changes in configuration etc
- Maintain the Software Library and keeping track of licensing while raising requests for renewals where necessary;
- Coordinate the quarterly preventive maintenance of ICT equipment as per the existing service and maintenance contracts with our service providers;
- Respond to IT support service requests from Regional Offices by telephone, email or remote support (using ILRI approved remote support tool – Team Viewer) and follow-up to completion;
- Keep the software available in the Regional offices up to date, ensure the correct number of licenses have been purchased and provide documentation of best practices for implementation and use of the software;
- Provide backstop support to the Regional ICT Staff in providing technical ICT support to the regions.
- Under the guidance of the ICT Customer Services manager, participate as required in ICT customer services projects that are implemented by the ICT Customer Services team;
- Administration of Avaya Telephone Site Administration and Call Accounting Management System.
- Keep up-to-date with changes and advancements in ICT Customer Services;
- Carry out regular seminars, user awareness exercises and develop flyers and other informational documents to raise the awareness of staff at the Centres to new and more effective easy of working, ICT security issues, new tools and applications available and other usefulICT information by the ICT Department;
- In the absence of other staff, take on the helpdesk functions, logging all ICT service requests, assigning the correct priority level, category, type and the appropriate ICT staff or service provider to carry out the request;
- Be available to work on ICT Customer Services project implementation during evenings and weekends to minimise disruption to those working on the campus;
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a busy ICT support environment;
- Certification as a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL);
- Capacity to multitask in dealing with several different problems at the same time and work independently under minimum supervision;
- Ability to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to communicate fluently in English.
Terms of appointment:
This is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ICRAF campus and is on initial 2 year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. Salary and benefits will be in line with those provided within ILRI’s NRS scheme.
Job level and salary:
This position is job level 2C and starting salary is KES 105,833 per month. This is exclusive of other benefits provided within ILRI’s National Recruited Staff Scheme.
How to apply
Applications addressed to the Human Resources Director, a cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience should be emailed to:recruit-ilri-Ken@cgiar.org by 23rd September 2011.
The position title and reference number “ICT CUSTOMER SERVICES OFFICER: ICT/CSO/09/11” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email applications. To learn more about ILRI, visit our website at www.ilri.org ILRI is an equal opportunity employer
- EXPERT TALK - IBM'S RESEARCH DR. KOMMIE WELDEMARIAM... Tuesday 11th March 2014 3:28pm
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Tuesday 11th March 2014 3:28pm
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Tuesday 11th March 2014 3:28pm
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 11th March 2014 3:28pm