Head, IT Projects & Quality Assurance1
- Company: Kenya Commercial Bank
- Deadline: Tuesday 20th September 2011
- Location: Nairobi
HEAD, IT PROJECTS & QUALITY ASSURANCE Job Ref I.T. 09/2011
Reporting to Director IT, the position is responsible for Project Management, Applications Development and Quality Assurance in the service delivery within I.T. in order to meet the business objectives.
- Set and enforce adherence to Project Management standards in all I.T. implementation activities.
- Set and enforce adherence to Application development standards in all I.T. system development initiatives.
- Set and enforce change and quality assurance standards in IT systems
- Accountable for development of the core banking system and all the interfaces to the system
- Identifying and coordinating core banking system upgrades
- Ensure all projects are properly scoped, documented and implemented within scope
- Coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on schedule
- Establish and maintain procedures for project management, applications development and quality assurance in line with industry best practice
- Assessment of risks within the areas of responsibility and ensuring that risks are mitigated and that applications are developed and deployed in line with risk management policies of the bank
- Monitor and ensure that applications development and system changes are properly tested in line with best practice before changes are made to the T24 operating environment.
- Planning and prioritizing IT projects and application development activities for the bank
- Managing both internal and external application developers to ensure timely delivery of solutions
- Carry out resource planning and mapping for all implementation activities to be carried out.
- Reporting and communicating on all project related issues to key stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s degree in ICT or related field from a recognized university is required. An MBA will be an added advantage
- Must possess at least one of IT certifications. Possession of T24 certification will be an added advantage
- Project management training and skills is a mandatory requirement.t.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in 3 of which must be in IT Senior Management with hands on experience in:
- Managing enterprise wide large IT core banking project implementations
- Designing system architectures
- Leading application development teams
- Change management and quality assurance
- Working experience with Oracle, Unix and Microsoft systems
- Leadership experience with large cross functional project teams
- Knowledge of and experience with programming languages and platforms – visual basic, .NET, Java etc
- Should have excellent understanding of processes particularly the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge and application of the bank products, services and policies
- Thorough understanding of other essential supporting banking systems such as clearing, various channels and interfaces etc.
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
How to apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered your application must be received by 20th September 2011. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm