- Company: Meru Mwalimu Sacco Society Ltd
- Deadline: Thursday 22nd September 2011
- Location: Meru
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to System Administrator, the candidate will be responsible for assisting the system administrator in:-
- Planning design documentation and implementation of various systems, hardware and software for IT, security and power supply.
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring procedures for all servers backups.
- Monitoring, planning and coordinating the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
- Performing on-site and remote technical support.
- Formulating, implementing and managing integrated ICT strategies, policies and procedures within the society.
- Overseeing the development, design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer application systems.
- Investigating user problems, identifying their source determining possible solutions, testing and implementing these solutions.
- Providing the necessary support and training including preparing training plans for society staff on IT.
- Introducing innovative ideas to support the various business processes necessary to improve delivery of services.
- Support the definition of data and systems security policy, strategies and techniques that can guarantee that the institution meets its critical role in the government.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Must be holder of bachelors degree in IT or Computer Science.
- Experience with windows 2000/2003 server platforms.
- Proven knowledge with LAN/WAN Configurations with experience in routers, switches, internet firewalls and wireless technology.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Minimum 1 year working experience in a busy IT environment with remote locations.
- Strong troubleshooting, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel and ability to work as part of a team.
- Proven experience in assignments/projects of similar nature and scope.
- Web Development Skills.
- Good Organizational Skills.
- Accounting knowledge.
- Must be- 35 years and below.
- Must be self driven and possess ability to work with minimum supervision
- Proven experience in working with ATMs and their Switch (SPARROW), UNIXWARE operating systems.
- Programming knowledge will be an added advantage.
How to apply
Written applications with detailed CVs and testimonials are invited for the following posts on or before 22nd September 2011 at 4.00pm and should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer.
Meru Mwalimu Sacco Society Ltd
P.O Box 1694-60200
Tel: 06432192, 0728787972, 0734321924
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm