- Company: Safaricom
- Deadline: Friday 16th September 2011
- Location: Nairobi
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Service Assurance and Quality Department within the Technical/IT Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
INCIDENT MANAGER REF: Technical/IT IM Sep 2011
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Service Operations; the holder of the position will manage a team to ensure normal service operation is restored as quickly as possible and within the defined SLA’s during incident(s) to minimize adverse impact on Business operations and ensure correct escalation procedures for Incident Management are followed.
- Logging, classifying and prioritizing reported incidents;
- Escalating incidents to the respective resources responsible for restoring services according to defined OLA’s & SLA’s;
- Providing timely incident notifications to the respective groups;
- Collating incident progress and updating the respective groups according to the defined timelines;
- Provide reports on all the reported incidents and identify gaps aimed at improving services;
- Documentation of Incident processes to drive the Service Operations function for addressing Incidents;
- Manage staff performance in the team.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology ;
- Microsoft Certified Professional Certification (MCP) – MCSE, MCSA;
- Unix/Linux Certification is an added advantage;
- ITIL V3 Certification or equivalent;
- ICDL certification;
- Cisco Certification: CCNA;
- 3-4 years IT Service Management experience with knowledge of IT platforms, Operating Systems, User Support and Safaricom Systems;
- Experience in managing escalations using defined OLAs & SLAs;
- Experience in both hardware/software/system support e.g. as a technician;
- Excellent Communication, Problem solving and People skills;
- Experience and knowledge in monitoring IT Systems and Applications.
How to apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below. The deadline for application is Friday 16th September 2011.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via email to: email@example.com
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am