- Company: Digital Vision East Africa
- Deadline: Friday 30th September 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Digital Vision East Africa is a leading power house in provision of web based solutions, content applications and technological innovation in East Africa. We are looking for a highly-motivated, intelligent, and skilled individual to join our team as an intranet developer. This is a full time position. The job requires the ability to build stable, secure, and attractive web applications and intranets based on predetermined specifications, but also creativity to come up with and ability to execute one's own ideas that will further our client goals.
We are looking for someone with the self-discipline to get work done in a timely manner without constant oversight. We'll also be looking for an eagerness to collaborate with a small team of highly motivated people.
We are looking for candidates with a track record working who have at least 1 year experience working with web technologies and some experience in designing and developing intranets
- Develop Custom intranet applications using Bitrix Intranet
- Develop custom web applications and websites using the php frameworks and latest web technologies
- Meet with project team members and clients to develop an understanding of client requirements.
- Implement client websites and web applications, intranets and extranets.
- Help to architect client projects under the guidance of our chief technical officer.
- Prepare project specifications documents, features documents, feature documents and project plans.
Required Minimum experience and qualifications
- Minimum of 1 years of hands-on web development experience.
- Programming experience using PHP/MySQL required.
- Thorough knowledge of both front-end and back-end technologies, including XHTML,
- Experience customizing and further developing and hacking open source software.
- Proven experience building web applications and database-driven websites.
- Interest in feature development to accommodate user needs
- Appreciation of cross-browser compatibility and web standards
Other Desirable characteristics/Bonus Skills
- A focus on user experience is a plus
How to apply
Send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you meet the above requirements
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm