Oracle Database Administrator1
- Company: Kenya Commercial Bank
- Deadline: Friday 26th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Kenya Commercial Bank, renowned for its diversity and growth in the Region is currently strengthening its support for group operations and business with the aim of maintaining Best Practice whilst also responding to the growing Business needs to support internal and external Customer Service delivery objectives and increase shareholder value. To this end the following challenging position has arisen and candidates with the requisite competencies and qualifications described below are hereby encouraged to apply.
ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR JOB REF I.T.10/2011
The oracle database administrator will provide high level support for the core banking system (T24) in addition to other Oracle based systems. The additional systems include Oracle Financials, OFSA, Payroll system, Asset Based Finance, Data warehouse
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products
- Administration and maintenance of an enterprise Data warehouse
- Administration and maintenance of Oracle eBusiness
- Backing up of Oracle Databases and associated applications
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products
- Implement and maintain database security.
- Enforce policies and procedures related to the data base, including data security and integrity controls, data dictionary and data base support tools.
- Provide capacity planning, database tuning and performance monitoring
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams
- Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support.
- Coordinate extraction of business/MIS reports in all oracle systems and data warehouse systems validate and provide the reports to respective business units.
- A Bachelor’s degree in ICT or related field from a recognized university. Possession of additional IT certification or a Masters in computer science, MBA will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a production support environment as an Oracle DBA
- Proven knowledge on Data warehousing including best practices
- Proven knowledge on report development
- Proven knowledge and experience in UNIX scripting, PL/SQL and XML SQL.
- Proven performance tuning and optimization experience Oracle based applications
- Experience with solid backup and recovery standards;
- Thorough understanding of a UNIX / Linux operating system and multi-tier application architecture. Knowledge around HP –UX 11i Vx is most preferable
- Knowledge and experience in change management and database best practices.
- Must be a certified DBA on Oracle 9i/10g or 11.Oracle Certification is considered an asset.
- Programming knowledge will be an added advantage
The above position is a demanding role which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate.
How to apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by 26th August 2011.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm