- Company: Nairobi Stock Exchange
- Deadline: Friday 26th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The Nairobi Stock Exchange is seeking to recruit an exceptional professional to fill the above position
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Custody of NSE enterprise databases both on the primary sites as well as the Disaster Recovery site and overseeing operational functions of mission critical systems.
- Developing and implementing security procedures for database applications, considering issues such as employee data access needs and risk of data loss or disclosure.
- Evaluation of user requests for new, modified or updated software application programmes to determine feasibility and compatibility with the Broker back office system;
- Care and maintenance of the broker back office (BBO) system, automated trading system (ATS), ACCPAC financial system and other Database systems across the organisation,
- Oversee the internet trading platform for the BBO including the connectivity of websites to the system, database connectivity, multimedia and searchable content, as well as troubleshooting basic problems.
- Reviewing, testing and evaluating the Database & Related systems existing to determine their effectiveness, reliability and compatibility;
- Coordinating the BBO training and certification programme as well as responding to technical queries on the BBO system
Qualifications and skills
- A graduate in a relevant discipline, a professional qualification in one of the following CISA, CISM, UNIX and Oracle is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in managing Oracle databases, Unix, Windows Server and working knowledge of MS SQL,
- Advanced and broad IT Knowledge in data and systems security, operating systems, network design and security as well as system auditing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral and interpersonal skills with excellent team working skills.
This is a challenging role that provides an opportunity for professional growth in a highly dynamic work environment.
How to apply
If you are up to the challenge and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration, qualifications, experience, names & addresses of three referees and email & telephone contacts together with copies of your academic and professional certificates and testimonials by Friday 26th August 2011 to:
The Chief Executive
Nairobi Stock Exchange
Nation Centre, 1st Floor
P.O. Box 43633-00100,
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm