- Company: Brand Kenya Board
- Deadline: Wednesday 24th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Brand Kenya Board (BKB) is a state corporation established through Legal Notice number 38 of 2008 under the State corporation Act (Cap. 446). The establishment of the Board demonstrates the Government’s commitment to put in place an integrated mechanism for building and enhancing the Country’s image, national identity, and rally its citizens behind it. The Board’s Mandate is to manage the country’s image by ensuring that a Kenya Brand is created, harnessed and sustained as a platform for communicating the Country’s competitive advantage both internally and externally.
The Board now seeks to strengthen its management team by hiring valued talent to fill the above position: Ref: BKB/HR/ITM/03/05-11
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the ICT Manager will head the ICT Department and will be in charge of all computerization of the Board’s systems and projects to optimize organizational efficiency and outputs to deliver set objectives.
- Formulate and implement ICT policies, standards and procedures in line with the Board’s objectives;
- Plan and manage the acquisition, upgrading, repair and/or replacement and maintenance of computer systems, electronic equipment and peripherals
- Initiate, plan, manage specific computerization projects and technological innovations
- Preparation of technical specifications to be used in the procurement of computer products and services;
- Development and implementation of the information security management system to ensure high level of systems resilience and security;
- Ensure that inventory of all computing equipment, software, hardware and ICT documents and records are properly maintained.
- Management of the website, internet and Local Area Network.
- A Bachelors degree in Information Management Systems or its equivalent
- Professional post graduate diploma qualification in information systems management or equivalent
- Fully qualified member of relevant professional body e.g. ICDL, etc.
- Seven (7) years relevant working experience and good understanding of the public procurement rules and regulations
- Professional integrity, results oriented and self drive, with ability to work independently and adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
How to apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the relevant criteria for any of the above positions, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts and attach copies of your professional and academic certificates, national identity card, and any other testimonials and quote the relevant position and reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
The successful candidate will work on permanent and pensionable terms subject to satisfactory performance of the roles and responsibilities.
To be considered, your application MUST be received by close of business on 24th August 2011 addressed to:-
The Chief Executive Officer
Brand Kenya Board
NHIF Building 4th Floor
P.O. Box 40500 – 00100,
Brand Kenya Board is an equal opportunity employer and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm