ICT Business Analyst1
- Company: Deacons Kenya Limited
- Deadline: Monday 22nd August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Deacons Kenya Limited, the leading fashion retailer in East Africa over The last fifty years, is seeking to recruit a focused, self – driven professional of high integrity in the position specified below. Deacons operates nine exciting brands namely, Woolworths, Truworths, Identity, Mr. Price Home, Mr. Price Clothing, 4u2, Angelo, Adidas and Lifefitness; through twenty seven retail outlets in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. The business has a central Head office and warehousing operation located in Kenya. Deacons is continually sourcing brands to address lifestyle needs in the markets it operates in, and will soon be launching The new Baby shop brand in Nairobi.
Plans to establish business presence in Kigali, Rwanda are at an advanced stage with operations expected to commence in the fourth quarter of The year.
- Designs, codes and tests technical solutions;
- Identifies system deficiencies and recommends solutions;
- Document system issues and resolutions for future reference;
- Assists in enforcement of development deadlines and schedules;
- Confer with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs.
- Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls;
- Maintain and modify programs: make approved changes by amending flow charts, develop detailed programming logic, and coding changes;
- Analyze NT client/server and computer based software solutions compatibility with company requirements;
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed;
- Any other duties as delegated.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science;
- 3 years working experience in a busy ICT environment with experience in Microsoft Dynamics NAV and LS Retail;
- Experience in Visual Basic .NET and Visual Basic 6, including the use of program ‘classes and creation of DLL’s; SQL Server databases,SQL, MySQL; Windows 2000/NT Server and Windows XP/2000/98; Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of software for retail and media operations or accounting processing;
- Energetic and self motivated individual with excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills:
- Have a good demonstration of planning and organizational skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CV names and contacts of 3 referees, copies of certificates, testimonials, current telephone number and email address, on or before Monday August 22nd, 2011 to the address indicated below
Human Resource Manager,
Deacons (K) Ltd.
P.O. Box 30087 – 00100,
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:18pm
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:18pm
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:18pm
- BLACKBERRY FEBRUARY MEETUP... Saturday 8th March 2014 4:18pm