HIS Technical Advisor1
- Company: ICF International
- Deadline: Friday 26th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 3,500 employees serve these clients worldwide.
ICF’s Web site is www.icfi.com.
The International Health and Development Division of ICF Macro (formerly Macro International Inc.) seeks a Technical Advisor Health Information Systems (HIS) to join our team. The HIS Technical Advisor will work on the portfolio of public health related M&E activities underUSAID’s technical assistance (TA) project for global health programs.
The portfolio focuses primarily on the monitoring and evaluation of programs directed at improving quality, availability and use of essential health services.
He/She will assist in providing technical inputs and oversight to the integration and use of data management information systems and tools to facilitate data entry, transmission and use.
Key function of this position will be capacity building among information systems users at the national, county, district and community levels of government and health facility personnel.
The position is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide HIS technical inputs and oversight to systems requirements, analysis, design, specifications, piloting and testing, implementation and evaluation
- Provide technical inputs and oversight in the integration and use of data management information into one unified integrated system
- Provide technical, management and leadership oversight to USG partners PEPFAR reporting
- Work with Kenya MOH and all stakeholders to identify data collection and reporting requirements for strengthening and integration of a Community Health Information System
- Provide technical support to the Kenya MOH in developing standards, processes, systems and toots for ensuring the quality of routine health information
- Provide information on the status and progress of program activities and disseminate information and public reporting results, per client instructions, to interested parties * Manage client and stakeholder relationships
- Contribute technical expertise to other projects as needed
- Advanced University degree (PhD or MD, MPH or MPH) and experience in health informatics, computer science or social science field (international health, biostatistics, and epidemiology).
- 10 years professional experience working in health information systems (health information strategy and policy, epidemiology, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of health information systems, design, development, roll out and/ or use
- Demonstrated experience in organizational capacity building, collaboration with governments and non governmental entities
- Excellent English oral ad written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with people of diverse backgrounds
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
How to apply
To express interest, please visit our website and apply online to job requisition number 1100001661 at www.icfi.com/careers. Apply by 26th August, 2011
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm