- Company: Tea Board of Kenya
- Deadline: Tuesday 30th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Tea Board of Kenya is a Parastatal with the mandate of regulating and promoting the development of Kenya’s tea industry. We wish to recruit a highly driven and results oriented ICT Executive professional. Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all organization’s technologies and providing Information Technology support and training.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The job entails the following:
- Developing, interpreting, implementing ICT policies and strategies and advising management on ICT issues;
- Aligning TBK’s ICT policy with the e-government initiatives / strategies and using the ICT policy to undertake periodic review and re-engineering TBK’S business process both within the Board and TBK shareholders;
- Overseeing the successful implementation of all ICT projects and ensuring that the inherent risks are effectively managed;
- Coordinating the design/development and implementation of computer disaster recovery procedures to minimize on loss of data/or systems and;
- Designing, developing, implementing and maintaining databases and information systems for the Board;
- Ensuring that ICT functions in the Board are running smoothly and providing ICT users with appropriate support and advice;
- Overseeing hardware maintenance , trouble shooting and user computer training;
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer studies or Information Technology degree backed by relevant professional ICTqualifications such as Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), Oracle or Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD) and Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) Certification.
The Applicant should have seven years post qualification experience, three of which should have been at management level.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application with detailed Curriculum Vitae, current remuneration, day and evening telephone numbers, names of three referees and copies of testimonials and certificates to:-
The Managing Director
Tea Board of Kenya, Naivasha Road-Off Ngong Road
P.O. Box 20064-00200, Nairobi
So as to reach not later than 30th August 2011 at 5.00 p. m.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any canvassing prior to or after the interviews will lead to automatic disqualification.
Tea Board of Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- EXPERT TALK - IBM'S RESEARCH DR. KOMMIE WELDEMARIAM... Wednesday 12th March 2014 1:21pm
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Wednesday 12th March 2014 1:21pm
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Wednesday 12th March 2014 1:21pm
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Wednesday 12th March 2014 1:21pm