Information Communications Technology Officer1
- Company: CARE International
- Deadline: Wednesday 24th August 2011
- Location: Dadaab
CARE International in Kenya seeks to fill the above position: (Ref: ICT/08/2011) based in Dadaab
Reporting to the ICT Coordinator, the ICT Officer will provide technical support in Information Technology to staff in Dadaab by analyzing, installing, establishing, maintenance, usage and update of new technology and Software for data processing and communication, design, develop and maintain Computer networks, trouble shooting and providing preventive maintenance services on the ICT equipment. The incumbent will maintain inventory of ICT equipment for Dadaab Main Office, Ifo, Dagahley and Hagadera camps.
Reporting to the ICT Coordinator, the ICT Office will provide technical support in Information Technology to staff in Dadaab by analyzing, installing, establishing, maintenance, usage and update of new technology and Software for data processing and communication
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Ensure Network Availability 24/7
- Work with the supervisor to design, develop and maintain Computer networks.
- Ensure computer security, antivirus and apply patches on operating systems and office applications
- Trouble shooting and providing preventive maintenance services on the ICT equipment for Dadaab DMO and Camps
- Work with ICT t coordinator to evaluate the ICT systems on a continuous basis
- Provide technical advisory services in relation to new or appropriate technology for office use through guidance by supervisor.
- Maintain inventory of ICT equipment for DMO, Ifo, Dagahaley and Hagardera camps.
- Liaise with procurement on ICT equipment repair, raise PRs for approvals by ict coordinator
Deliver and ensure customer service to all Users
- Provide technical support for staff in the use of computers, software and other communication of the equipment
- Providing support in the use of ICT equipment for presentations
- Troubleshoot software and hardware at Dadaab DMO and Camps
- Help in giving specifications for new ICT equipments to be purchased for Dadaab field Office and camps
- Advice users on IT best practice on issues of ICT equipment, internet and email usage
- Identify ICT equipments that needs replacements
- Liaise with supervisor in developing new approaches to helpdesk support to improve delivery of such services.
Database Management & Administration
- Maintain high availability on the client side for Scala database systems and Internet/Intranet/Email to users
- Provide backup support to Financial Systems (Scala) and other major databases.
- Run systems off-line information back-ups and manage the off-site storage.
- Responsible for Scala user creations, access controls and ensures data integrity and maximum uptime
- Develop suitable training areas for users and provide the same in small clusters of 3-4 users due to the nature of work at RAP.
- Training staff on need basis on the various relevant ICT applications
- Work with the ict coordinator to identify and prepare annual training calendar
- Prepare training manuals and guidelines and IT Tips to users.
- Work with ict coordinator to find best ways to disseminate training materials to users.
Work with the ICT Coordinator in Administration of
- V-SAT (Back stopping V-Sat technical problems in liaison with the internet service providers and Monitor bandwidth utilization using bandwidth monitoring devices in place. Perform Security Management of firewalls and routers)
- Mail Server (Create and delete users on the Mail server, give rights to Staff to access shared resources on LAN, perform a daily data backup for Staff Mail Database and shared folders.)
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor whenever applicable, the holder is required to perform any other job related to his work.
Work with the ICT Coordinator in maintaining data storage and security for the organization
- Ensure mail system, financial, program and support data backups are done daily.
- Liaise with the supervisor to ensure accessibility of all key services 24/7 to the Rap programme.
- Work with supervisor to ensure integrity of all program data.
- Spending Authority: None,
- Supervise computer repairs/servicing works at site, giving directions and allocating tasks to contractors.
- CARE staff
- UNHCR and Sister Agencies
- External technical services partners.
The position is based at Dadaab Main Office (DMO) with frequent movements to Hagadera, Ifo and Dagahaley camps as well as any other extension camps and program sites. This is a none-family working station. Hot weather is prevalent throughout the year with limited basic amenities. Road movement to and from work station to Garissa as well as inter-camp movement must be under police escort (Scheduled convoys). The incumbent must strictly adherence to security instructions all the time. It is a six days work station with a compensatory time off according to CTO policy. The incumbent may to travel to Nairobi office occasionally to perform official responsibilities as will be required
The incumbent shall reside in the CARE compound while executing official duties and shall obey and adhere to residential compound regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology
- 3 years working experience in an IT positions in a busy environment
- A+ certificate is an added advantage
- Competencies: Able to work under harsh, risk and extreme conditions, good judgment and problem solver
- Good planning and organizing abilities
- Able to make sound decisions and under pressure.
How to apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send their application letters, indicating the reference number in the subject line together with a detailed CV with three professional referees and daytime telephone contacts by 24th August, 2011 to the Human Resources & Development Manager, CARE International in Kenya. Email: email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Women are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Warning to all applicants:
CARE International in Kenya does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm