Online Community Curator1
- Company: Ashoka East Africa
- Deadline: Sunday 21st August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Ashoka is the global association of the world’s leading social entrepreneurs—men and women with system changing solutions for the world’s most urgent social problems. Since 1981, we have elected over 2,500 leading social entrepreneurs as Ashoka Fellows, providing them with living stipends, professional support, and access to a global network of peers in 70 countries.
Ashoka, the world's leading social entrepreneurship network, is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated and highly skilled Online Community Curator to work with the Nairobi team and our global network of Ashoka “Fellows”.
Ashoka launching AshokaHub—a limited-access online platform designed by and for members of the Ashoka community to connect globally. The platform is aimed at connecting over 2,500 leading social entrepreneurs (or Ashoka Fellows), Ashoka Staff, and other partners around the world to share resources, information, and collaborate to catalyze social change.
We are now looking for an Online Community Curator to creatively leverage AshokaHub to deliver value to members of the Ashoka community across Africa. This person will also lead the orientation and on-boarding of Fellows, staff, and other members and will be the point person to manage back-end information.
AshokaHub relies on managers to:
- Ensure quality content is created and shared on the AshokaHub,
- Facilitate relevant connections between members,
- Stimulate the use of AshokaHub,
- Spark collaboration among leading social entrepreneurs
Skills, experience required:
- Self-starter; ability to carry-out projects with minimum supervision
- Strong entrepreneurial track record
- Understand the value of the network effect
- Work comfortably with communication technologies and social media platforms,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (good writer and sensitivity to varying needs, levels of engagement of members of the community)
- In-depth and demonstrated experience working with social media
- Three years of working experience in the social or business sectors
- English fluency required, French fluency greatly preferred
The Online Community Curator will gain substantive, hands-on experience in the East African citizen sector and leading social entrepreneur networks. This is a paid, full-time position based in Nairobi, Kenya. Start date is immediate.
How to apply
We want to know more about you and your interest in social change.
- Please submit a CV highlighting your academic, work, and/or volunteer experience where you've demonstrated leadership and/or involvement in creatively addressing social issues.
- Submit a cover letter which answers these two questions: (1) Have you built and sustained innovative solutions for social change in your school/community/workplace? (2) What is your vision for change for a social challenge that you're passionate about?
- Submit your CV and cover letter with subject heading "Online Community Curator" to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 August 2011. We will follow up with a shortlist of candidates for an in-person interview.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm