Business Development Manager1
- Company: Ringier
- Deadline: Friday 26th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi & West Africa
The employer is a Central European media company with operations in over 10 countries. It produces newspapers, magazines, web and mobile platforms, TV- and radio programs with about 8000 employees worldwide.
The project: Identify and initiate new business opportunities in Africa
The media company is expanding its business into the African market. A strategic hub in Ghana and Kenya have been established as well as an operation in Nigeria. The goal is to start up a modern media company featuring mainly digital and online media products for the African Market.
As a Business Development Manager you will be identifying and initiating new business opportunities in East and West African countries. You're visionary and entrepreneurial with a good understanding of online media. A background in IT/online media as well as a strong sense for trends and networking abilities add to your set of experiences. It’s important that you have a good understanding of Africa ideally with living experience.
- Lead new business development by detecting projects, trends, potential partners and products that are locally relevant.
- Work closely with the county General Managers and the local teams to start new initiatives.
- Ensure resources are managed, teams are aligned and the communication between the operations is transparent.
- Build up a strong network in East and West African countries.
- BA or BS university degree in business; preferably with an advanced degree
- Experience working in online media, IT environment
- Start-up experience is an advantage
- Very good interpersonal and communications skills
- A basic understanding of the East and West African media and online sector
- Understanding of marketing and operations, ideally having demonstrated the ability to successfully launch and scale products and services
- Ability to recruit talents
- Willing to live in Africa (African resident preferred) and extensively travel.
Industry: Media, Internet, Online
Minimum Educational Qualification: BA /BS
Minimum Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
How to apply
If you are interested in this unique position working with a young, diverse team , being part of building up exciting projects in fascinating emerging markets contact Ms. Stefanie Holm at email@example.com lease send us your CV and a motivation letter. Only relevant applications will be considered.
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm