Principal IT Business Analyst1
- Company: Safaricom
- Deadline: Wednesday 10th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the IT Innovation within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
REF: IT_PIBA_OCT 2011_
Reporting to the Manager, Analysis & Architecture the job holder will be the liaison between business system users and the information technology team in as far as creating automated business solutions is concerned. The job holder will be responsible for gathering, detailing and documenting business requirements in a format that is useful to business end users and technical developers. The jobholder will also propose ways in which the existing processes and systems can be used or changed to meet new business requirements as well as point out and identify new systems needed to meet business requirements, within the context of a well established Enterprise IT Architecture.
- Collect, classify, analyze and document business requirements as per set standards;
- Create designs to meet business requirements through existing IT systems or by filling missing gaps with appropriate new systems in accordance with enterprise architecture;
- Develop test-driven business requirements and functional specifications with other business units;
- Provide advise and input to Business Units on technical capabilities they can leverage on and key considerations they need to make during development of their roadmaps.
- Participate in technical/functional evaluation of bids for new systems;
- Generate process documentation that clarifies and validates how the organization utilizes business systems to meet business requirements;
- Ensure that IT systems are aligned with business processes, and engage business stakeholders in process reviews to ensure cost reduction improved turn around time;
- Promote proper release planning, guaranteeing adherence to business needs and priorities and keep stakeholders constantly up-to-date on progress;
- Review and validate test cases for accuracy and conformity to requirements;
- Manage and grow staff within the section.
- Bachelor degree in Computer science or Engineering or Business related field;
- 5 years experience as a systems developer/business analyst in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in systems analysis;
- Expertise in enterprise architecture;
- Logical and physical data modeling, relational databases experience;
- Experience in writing formal use cases and other UML tools;
- Project Management training and experience.
How to apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below. The deadline for application is Wednesday the 10th August 2011.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm
- BBC “WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY” RADIO SHOW... Tuesday 23rd September 2014 8:00pm