Director, Technology and Operations1
- Company: Al Jazeera Media Network
- Deadline: Wednesday 31st August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The Al Jazeera Media Network in Doha, Qatar will be establishing Al Jazeera Kiswahili, a new, regional news and current affairs media network in East Africa. The network will produce regional news and current affairs content for the television and online environments. The television channel will be broadcast across East Africa and will be headquartered in the region. The headquarters will be home to the corporate office as well as the studios, news rooms and broadcast center.
AL JAZEERA KISWAHILI CHANNEL is expected to launch in 2012 and is currently recruiting for the above position:
The Director of Technology and Operations will oversee the technical and operational aspects of the channel’s multi-stream on-air operation and assist in the design and implementation of new systems and work flows to support these operations regionally and across the globe. The role encompasses studio operations, transmission operations, newsgathering, and global operations The successful candidate must have seven or more years’ experience overseeing broadcast news and master control / on-air operations at a large regional television station.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply online before August 31, 2011 at the following website:
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm
- The OLX Experience... Friday 25th July 2014 6:00pm
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm