- Company: Al Jazeera Media Network
- Deadline: Wednesday 31st August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The Al Jazeera Media Network in Doha, Qatar will be establishing Al Jazeera Kiswahili, a new, regional news and current affairs media network in East Africa. The network will produce regional news and current affairs content for the television and online environments. The television channel will be broadcast across East Africa and will be headquartered in the region. The headquarters will be home to the corporate office as well as the studios, news rooms and broadcast center.
AL JAZEERA KISWAHILI CHANNEL is expected to launch in 2012 and is currently recruiting for the above position:
The Manager, Online is responsible technically and editorially for the input and presentation of the Al Jazeera Kiswahili website. The Manager, Online will develop and implement the channel news strategy across the website, supervise web news editors to drive news coverage, and coordinate Al Jazeera Kiswahili’s webs teams, correspondents and contributors in the newsroom and across the region. The successful candidate must have an awareness of how social media can be used not only as a tool for newsgathering, analysis and commentary but also to promote the website and its content and drive readership.
The successful candidate must have at least five years’ experience within the online / web space. Journalism experience and fluency in Kiswahili are required.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply online before August 31, 2011 at the following website:
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm
- The OLX Experience... Friday 25th July 2014 6:00pm
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm