- Company: R@iHub
- Deadline: Monday 8th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Start Date: 1 September 2011
Contract length: 32 days
Pay scale: 1,300 Ksh/day
If short-listed, required interview on 10 August 2011 (Wed). Do not apply if you cannot make this interview.
R@iHub is a new technology research center under iHub, Narobi’s Innovation Center. Focusing on research centered on governance, community, innovation, and business, we strive to encourage the growth of high-quality research in East Africa.
We are currently seeking attentive and curious critical thinkers to join our team.
Reporting to the Research Project Manger and working closely with the Research Lead on the M-Governance Project, the Desk Researcher is responsible for conducting a thorough literature review of the current state of mobile-governance. The Desk Researcher is in charge of writing and submitting daily summaries on all literature reviewed and providing thoughtful input on research design for the upcoming field study.
- Excellent investigative skills, especially using Internet and search engines like Google Scholar and Open Data sources
- Excellent English reading and writing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least one year relevant work or internship experience
- Ability to use a bibliographic reference software, such as EndNote or Mendeley
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in research preferred, especially literature review and/or data collection
- Concise, detail-oriented, and organized
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, follow directions, be prompt, and work independently.
How to apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV, writing sample, and cover letter detailing experience in research and daytime telephone contacts to angelac(at)ihub.co.ke
- Closing date for applications is 8th August 2011.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates who meet the above qualifications and are available to start immediately are encouraged to apply.
- iHub Research is an equal opportunity employer
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm