- Company: R@iHub
- Deadline: Monday 8th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Start Date: 13 August 2011
Contract length: 40 days
Pay scale: 1,300 Ksh/day plus all expenses covered including travel, accommodation, and meals
If short-listed, required interview on 10 August 2011 (Wed). Do not apply if you cannot make this interview.
R@iHub is a new technology research center under iHub, Narobi’s Innovation Center. Focusing on research centered on governance, community, innovation, and business, we strive to encourage the growth of high-quality research in East Africa.
We are currently seeking attentive and curious critical thinkers to join our team.
Reporting to the Research Project Manger and working closely with the Research Lead on the Internews/MobiKash Pilot Project, the Field Assistant is responsible for conducting face-to-face interviews with community members in El Doret, Kapenguria, Kericho, Kisii, and Lodwar. The Field Assistant is in charge of writing and submitting daily reports on all fieldwork conducted.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate with stakeholders from all backgrounds
- Clean and easy-to-understand Swahili language skills
- The ability to speak Sheng is a plus
- The ability to make people feel at ease and comfortable talking freely with you
- Training in Community Development or relevant training
- At least one year relevant work or internship experience in a position where team work was an important aspect of the job
- Experience in research, especially interviews and fieldwork.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, follow directions, be prompt, and work independently.
How to apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV and cover letter detailing experience in research and daytime telephone contacts to angelac(at)ihub.co.ke
- Closing date for applications is 8th August 2011.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates who meet the above qualifications and are available to start immediately are encouraged to apply.
- iHub Research is an equal opportunity employer
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm
- NAIROBI RESEARCH BUZZ... Thursday 5th December 2013 5:30pm
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup)... Wednesday 27th November 2013 6:00pm