- Company: Futures Group
- Deadline: Monday 15th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Established in 1971, Futures Group develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well being of people around the world. We assist governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Futures Group has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Futures Group provides HMIS support to the Government of Kenya (GoK) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Under a new contract, the Futures team provides a range of technical assistance including: support for the continued development and implementation of the national HMIS strategy; improving information flow to guide policy and program decisions; facilitating interoperability between disparate HMIS including specific efforts to harmonize and integrate laboratory, pharmacy, and electronic medical records (EMR) sub-systems; and developing a data warehouse.
The Software Tester will be working on the development of Health Informatics and Patient Management System software and applications. This is a dynamic position requiring a wide range of technical and analytical skills. Integrating new technologies that meet the needs of our customers is ongoing and you could be part of the new development activities.
Software Tester Technical Experience
- 3-5 years of Software Quality Testing experience
- Experience writing test plans.
- Experience writing Test Cases.
- Experience writing simple SQL queries
- Experience manually testing software with and without Test Cases.
- Experience using a defect tracking tool or database
- Knowledge of SQL Server and MS .Net is a plus
- Good oral/written communication skills required
- Creating and executing a test plan for the software development effort
- Writing and executing test cases
- Manual testing
- Create dummy data for testing and perform all testing on new database
- Query verification
- Writing technical and help documentation
- Organizing and managing the document repository
- Technical reporting to the Senior Technical Lead
- Organizationally reports to Senior Director
- Possible travel to India or US
How to apply
All applicants are requested to direct their resume’s to email@example.com by August 15th 2011 with the email title reading Application for Software Tester, Futures Group Kenya
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm