Credit Lead Developer1
- Company: Frontline SMS
- Deadline: Sunday 30th January 2011
- Location: Nairobi
FrontlineSMS:Credit builds and distributes open-source software to enable the integration of mobile money into the operations of microfinance institutions, community organizations, and businesses working at the base of the economic pyramid. We build off of FrontlineSMS, an award-winning opensource SMS communication platform that has been deployed globally and developed with the support of the Macarthur Foundation, Omidyar Network, and more. We seek a Lead Software Developer who will work hand in hand with the Project Director to manage and drive the development of a suite of applications for customized enterprise mobile money management. We are seeking a developer who is entrepreneurial, ambitious, self-motivated, and dedicated to the product as well as to FrontlineSMS:Credit's mission to bring the benefits of mobile money to the poor. She or he must be able to work independently and be excited to tackle difficult challenges, from figuring out how to build new systems to understanding the problems faced by our users. For someone who wants to focus on creative problem-solving, not following instructions, this is the position for you. We will also expect the Lead Developer to put in place the systems and practices that will enable FrontlineSMS:Credit's development team to grow in size and produce world-class software. Accordingly, we are looking for a leader who will be excited to grow and sustain a team of talented developers. The successful candidate will be at the cutting edge of the mobile money sector, interacting with partners, companies, and programmers across Africa and globally.Responsibilities will include:
- Technical conceptualization and high-level design for FrontlineSMS:Credit software products, in cooperation with Project Director, Product Managers, and partners.
- Managing the development and integration of FrontlineSMS:Credit software modules, sequentially or concurrently, to the highest standards.
- Building and managing an effective, cohesive development team, primarily locally but potentially including developers working remotely and volunteers.
- Proactively working with the Project Director and FrontlineSMS developers to ensure that software modules interact seamlessly with the core FrontlineSMS platform.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and capacities:
- 3-5 years of experience as a digital technologist with progressively increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in a professional software development environment. BA/BS, in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience with the entire software product life cycle, from design to deployment and customer support
- Experience building critical business process software.
- Experience with Java strongly preferred.
- Exceptional dexterity operating and translating between coding environments and the on-theground realities of our partner organizations.
- Strong comfort managing teams both locally and remotely, a keen eye for talent and creativity, and the ability to motivate smart people to deliver world-changing results.
- Passion for the mission of FrontlineSMS:Credit and ambition to help create a global leader in bringing the power of mobile money to enterprises serving the poor.
The lead developer will spend about 50% in development and 25%-25% in architecture and team management. This position is intended to be based in Nairobi. Salary will be commensurate with experience and locally competitive with peer organizations.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please send a brief note, your CV indicating relevant experience, and any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information about FrontlineSMS:Credit, please see www.Credit.FrontlineSMS.com
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm
- BBC “WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY” RADIO SHOW... Tuesday 23rd September 2014 8:00pm
- Quality Assurance workshop... Wednesday 24th September 2014 2:00pm
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm