- Company: Kenya Red Cross Society
- Deadline: Friday 5th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) is one of the largest humanitarian organisations in Kenya. Its vision is to be the most effective, trusted and self-sustaining humanitarian organisation in Kenya.
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following position:
ICT OFFICER – APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER
Reporting to: ICT Manager
Job Location: Headquarters (Nairobi)
Responsible to the ICT Manager for providing both technical and functional knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics product being implemented as well as having good knowledge of related Microsoft technologies required for the implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyse, design, technically specify, develop and maintain software that satisfies client needs using company and Microsoft methodologies and technologies.
- Designing code layout for user and software interfaces.
- Reviewing user and technical documentation to confirm consistency with programme operations and maintaining software written by others.
- Coordinating with other programmers in respect of revisions.
- Analysing code to determine causes of errors and revise programmes.
- Writing and maintaining documentation of changes to code, programmes and specifications and revising programmes for corrections, enhancement of system environment changes.
- Technical assistance through provision of technical enquiries regarding errors, problems, performance issues or questions in relation to programmes.
- Graduate in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Must have at least 3 years ERP development experience, preferably in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009.
- Certified in Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Financials, Trade and Inventory, Installation and Configuration, and Development) NAV 2009 certifications preferred.
- C/SIDE Development, RTC Experience.
- Microsoft SQL server experience developing on MS SQL 2005/2008. Certification will be a plus.
- Solid understanding of relational databases and the ability to write T-SQL queries.
- Microsoft Visual Studio experience developing applications and user interfaces – C#, WCF, XSL, Web Services interaction, HTML, Scripting, ASP.NET, XML, AJAX.
- Knowledge in other web developing languages will be a plus.
- A passion for software development.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and other productivity software packages, including use of e-mail, the Internet as well as local and Wide Area Network systems.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with attention to detail, along with and ability to analyse and evaluate different types of information.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organisation, planning, records management, research and general administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with employees, volunteers, partners and the general public.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of KRCS policies and procedures.
How to apply
Applications must contain: Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates, address and contacts of two referees.
All applications should be sent to:
The Secretary General
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712 – 00100
So as to reach him not later than Friday, 5th August 2011.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm