- Company: Water Services Trust Fund
- Deadline: Friday 5th August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
According to the WSTF Strategic plan 2008-2013, strategic objective 4, one of the goals is to develop an ICT strategy. Development and implementation of this IT strategy, particularly in relation to IT support, i.e. infrastructure development, systems support and maintenance for the WSTF Teams on all levels should be one of the ICT officer’s main tasks. ICT OFFICER (Job Ref; – WSTF/ ICT/3/2011/2012)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management, provision, support and maintenance of IT systems and services at WSTF. Review and renew where necessary existing WSTF IT infrastructure, Server centre, applications (software) and file storage structure.
- Preparation of disaster recovery i.e. develops, implement and supervise a functioning backup policy for all WSTF’s Workstations and Servers.
- Develop training and orientation programs for staff on ICT initiatives. Train all WSTF staff in the use and application of ICT policies and infrastructure.
- Develop, propose and advise on the adoption of ICT applications, programs and solutions to facilitate the implementation of e-governance within WSTF. Develop strategies to raise awareness within staff on the practical benefits of e-governance.
- Research, review and recommend the purchase of IT equipment, systems, software and accessories.
- Develop, implement and supervise a data management policy in WSTF.
- Sustain and build up the WSTF’s ICT infrastructure ensuring that issues are recognized and resolved quickly with minimum disturbance to users.
- Obtain and install the necessary hardware and software upgrades for the ICT network to ensure that the network is capable of meeting the needs of the WSTF.
- Provide support for all internal users (hardware and software).
- Lead and manage any ICT projects which may arise.
- Act as a technical mentor to other ICT Staff.
- Keep abreast of developments in technology, which may assist the WSTF in providing more effective and efficient means of providing information.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information science, Computer Science, and Economic stations, Business in information Technology
- MSCSE Certificate an added advantage
- 5 year of professional experience in reputable organizations.
- In depth knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 Server, Active Directory, SQL 2005/2008 Server, client operating systems (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7)
- In depth knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN, Firewalls and Routers
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007 experience
- Good network troubleshooting skills and experience working with network management tools.
- Experience with SAP Business One will be an added advantage.
- Strong experience in organizing file server structures and document management systems.
- Experience in net and Visual Studio and VB programming is an asset
- Strong organizational skills and excellent communications skills are required.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications by registered mail, courier service, email (all soft copies should be in MS Word) or dispatch together with Curriculum Vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees, and day time telephone/cell phone numbers to:
Chief Executive Officer
Water Services Trust Fund
P O Box 49699
To be received not later 5th August, 2011 Close of Business.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm
- BBC “WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY” RADIO SHOW... Tuesday 23rd September 2014 8:00pm
- Quality Assurance workshop... Wednesday 24th September 2014 2:00pm
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm