Junior Web Developer1
- Company: AllAfrica
- Deadline: Wednesday 3rd August 2011
- Location: Nairobi
AllAfrica is a work place for people who want to make a difference in the world and be part of a small but expanding pan African operation. As the largest public resource for news and information from and about Africa, AllAfrica produces the prize-winning web site, allAfrica.com <http://allafrica.com/>, relied upon by decision makers, activists, scholars and media. Our large and diverse global audience includes rural NGOs and heads of state, small enterprises and multinational institutions. AllAfrica's innovative technology knits together offices in Cape Town and Dakar, which manage the bi-lingual website, with news team members in dispersed locations, including Monrovia, Nairobi and Washington DC. Jobs are fast-paced and demanding, with opportunities for learning, growth and advancement.
AllAfrica is seeking talented web developers. The successful applicant will be employed by the AllAfrica Foundation, a Liberian-registered NGO. Applicants must be self-starters with strong personal initiative and consistent follow-through. Responsibilities include the initial planning, architecture and implementation of new projects, as well as maintenance and extension of existing applications. If hired, developers would be expected to spend an initial period of intensive training, with other technical staff in our Cape Town office, in order to gain familiarity with our systems and become proficient in the use of our custom-built CMS.
2-3 years experience with:
- Web application development, using mod_perl, PHP, Ruby, ColdFusion, or equivalent platform
1+ years experience with:
How to apply
Salary is negotiable based on education, experience and skill level. If you have the skill set listed above, you may apply by sending your resume to: it-jobsATallafrica.com
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm
- AFFORDABLE MANAGEMENT TRAINING WITH AFRICAN MANAGEMENT INITIATIVE... Tuesday 8th April 2014 9:00am