Software Product Manager1
- Company: Bridge International Academies
- Deadline: Sunday 30th January 2011
- Location: Nairobi
About this position
We have and are continuing to develop one of the most sophisticated operational approaches to providing affordable education to MILLIONS of children in one of the most challenging environments in the world! We’re looking for an experienced full-time SugarCRM Product Design Engineer to join our software development team and help create software tools that will support the operations for our network of schools.
Our success relies on our “School in a Box”, a sophisticated set of custom developed systems, tools and processes (think McDonalds or Starbucks) that are used by all School Managers, as well as by support teams at Headquarters to audit, monitor and support all of our schools. While the end-user (School Manager) technology at the school is limited to paper and a mobile phone, all of our systems and processes are underpinned by a sophisticated set of supporting and enabling technologies that allows schools to operate cost effectively and efficiently, with oversight by headquarters.
We are looking for a full time Software Product Manager with responsibilities of:
- Working with users at the company to understand existing business processes
- Successfully guiding internal software products from conception through deployment
- Defining new products, new product features and helping prioritize product roadmap
- Writing project plans and managing product schedules
- Writing product requirements documents, designing workflows and user interfaces and writing functional specifications
- Working closely with software engineers, quality assurance and end users to ensure that new products are implemented, tested and rolled out successfully and meet the needs of the business
- Documentation and end user training for new products
- You have BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field (MBA preferred)
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience in product management of enterprise software
- You have demonstrated success taking products through the entire software lifecycle
- You are skilled at user interaction and user interface design
- You have managed the development and implementation of multiple enterprise software systems (ERP, CRM…) in a commercial environment, with particular emphasis on workflow and interaction design
- You have demonstrated experience taking business processes and implementing them in software including requirements gathering, workflow design, UI design, implementation and post rollout support
- You are able to quickly understand and analyze business requirements
- You have strong writing skills and enjoy writing functional specifications and end-user documentation
- You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- Experience with SugarCRM or mobile applications a plus
The job is based in our headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
Examples of our Software Needs
The following are examples some of the software projects that are currently under development or consideration:
- Automated Student Payment Information System - manages billing, automatically updates database with data from banks and mobile payment company, provides tools for operator to correct and assign payments, and uses SMS interface to send coded updates to Schools, and receive interactive SMS queries and remote error correction.
- Customized integrated financial system - taking customizable financial package and integrating with payment information system, reporting tool, and developing additional tools for automated budget tracking and SMS-based payment requests.
- Data Management and Dashboard/Reporting Tools for HQ staff to support schools - we must develop tools that collect key performance data and provide dashboards/reports to allow support teams to monitor progress of our schools.
- Mobile Phone/PDA App - We will be investigating the feasibility and cost of porting of many of our paper-based processes at our schools to a mobile phone or PDA app to streamline school operations.
How to apply
Please visit: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=oDOvVfwB&s=iHub
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm