Head of Technology Services Department1
- Company: Wananchi Group
- Deadline: Friday 29th July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Wananchi Group is the first Triple Play operator in Kenya and on the African continent, offering Cable & Satellite TV, high speed Broadband Internet and Telephony, under the brand name Zuku. As we continue to expand our network, we are constantly seeking qualified individuals who have the talent, passion and desire to be part of a great team.
HEAD OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES DEPARTMENT Ref: TECH1001/7/2011
In charge of three sections which are responsible for the design, implementation and management of our core video, data and voice infrastructure including HeadEnd, video monitoring center, play-out systems, IP Network, international gateways, international Points of Presence, voice systems, interconnects, IT infrastructure, OSS & BSS systems, Enterprise applications, IT Support and Network Operations Center (NOC).
- Design, implementation, management, support and maintenance of core Data, Voice and Video infrastructure and services as per the company’s strategic and tactical objectives
- Develop the operational policies and procedures for the various areas within this department with periodical reviews to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with global best practice
- Ensuring that all the companies key infrastructure and services are efficiently and effectively managed from the Network Operations Center (NOC) and that events are acted upon as per procedure including notifying and coordinating with the responsible teams
- Ensure that the company’s IT infrastructure and services including the end user hardware and software, enterprise IT infrastructure and applications are highly reliable, performing optimally and well secured
- Bachelors’ degree in one of these areas: Telecommunications, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Information Technology. A Postgraduate qualification in these areas or Management is an added advantage
- 10 years relevant work experience, 4 of which should have been in a leadership position
- Relevant industry qualification or certification from a recognized organization
- Experience of deployment and management of highly complex video or data networks
- Experience in a service provider environment particularly where HFC and FTTx are in use is an added advantage
- Excellent co-ordination, decision making, problem solving, report writing and communication skills
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates send their application and CV not later than 29th July 2011. Kindly include the relevant Reference for the position you are applying for in the subject of your email (e.g. GRAD1001/7/2011) as you send to firstname.lastname@example.org Hard copy applications are strongly discouraged. Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and will offer competitive compensation to the right candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Wireless Wednesday - How to use mobile technology to improve education outcomes... Wednesday 6th August 2014 12:00pm
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am