- Company: World Food Programme
- Deadline: Sunday 14th August 2011
- Location: Ispra
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), the world’s largest humanitarian agency, together with its technical development partner, the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC), is looking to recruit a Software Developer. This position requires on-site work at the JRC campus in Ispra, Italy, for the purpose of developing software.
DATES AND INFORMATION
- Application deadline: 14th August 2011
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Contract duration: four months (with possible extension)
- Duty Station: Ispra, Italy
- Contract Type: Consultancy
- Salary: According to experience
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination.
Her / his duties include:
- Carrying out a workplan developed jointly by WFP and JRC, expected to include:
- i. Functional and GUI development stemming from a post test phase project workplan;
- ii. Supporting the project roll-out process, including fixing bugs and process bottlenecks;
- iii. Collaborating with JRC to resolve any scalability issues that impede agreed usage targets;
- As requested, providing technical advice on software development;
- Other tasks as agreed between WFP Technical Development Lead and the JRC Official responsible for the project;
- Any other tasks as required by the WFP Technical Development Lead.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4 years development experience using ASP.NET;
- Minimum 3 years website design experience;
- Proficiency with MS SQL Server database design and development;
- DotNetNuke development experience would be an advantage
- Proven ability to work as part of a geographically dispersed collaborative team;
- Effective English with strong communication skills required;
- University or college degree in a relevant subject.
How to apply
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm
- MOBILE MONDAY – FEATURING ELMA BY CRAFT SILICON... Monday 8th September 2014 6:00pm
- MANAGING CUSTOMERS AND MARKETS... Tuesday 9th September 2014 9:00am