- Company: Kenyatta University
- Deadline: Friday 22nd July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Kenyatta University wishes to recruit qualified and dedicated staff to fill the following vacant position:
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR – GRADE E/F
DIRECTORATE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
Applicants must be holders of a Degree in Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution and at least have five (5) years of work experience in a busy ICT office. Wide experience in networking and management of a busy data centre is essential.
The duties of the applicant will include:
- Managing the corporate LAN and WAN installation with the right software and hardware tools for failsafe operation and high network availability for mission critical systems.
- Performing daily checks, routine maintenance and regular network maintenance.
- Taking and testing backups.
Terms of Service:
Terms of service for teaching posts of Lecturers and above are on permanent and pensionable basis and include membership to a pension scheme, a generous medical scheme, housing allowance and commuting allowance. Other posts will be on performance based two (2) year renewable contract plus gratuity at the end of the contract, a generous medical scheme, housing allowance and commuting allowance.
How to apply
Applicants should give full details of educational and professional qualifications, work experience, present post and salary, telephone number and e-mail address and enclose copies of certificates and testimonials giving the names and addresses of three referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization. Applicants should request their referees to write immediately and directly to the address below.
The last day of receiving applications and letters from referees is on Friday 22nd July, 2011
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
P.O. Box 43844 -00100
- Forum - The intersection between mobile and big data... Wednesday 27th August 2014 5:30pm
- NRBUZZ: DRONES FOR AGRICULTURAL MONITORING IN KENYA... Sunday 24th August 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 08... Thursday 28th August 2014 6:00pm
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm