- Company: Kenya Commercial Bank
- Deadline: Friday 22nd July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Kenya Commercial Bank, renowned for its diversity and growth in the Region is currently strengthening its support for group operations and business with the aim of maintaining Best Practice whilst also responding to the growing Business needs to support internal and external Customer Service delivery objectives and increase shareholder value. To this end the following challenging positions have arisen and candidates with the requisite competencies and qualifications described below are hereby encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION DEVELOPERS: JOB REF IT 08/2011
Reporting to Senior Manager, Application Development, the developer will require interaction with third party service providers as well as other internal IT units. The developer must demonstrate a strong understanding of and high regard for hand-held devices and web solutions as a business delivery channels for both bank corporate and retail customers as well as for online agency banking services.
- Design, Develop and Install developed components.
- Work closely with IT Security to ensure that applications are well secured.
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards
- Accountable for preparation and timely delivery of quality applications. The responsibility includes requirements definition, review of design documents, user test planning and review, defect tracking, and project closure tasks.
- Have expert knowledge on Dot Net programming, Share point, Active Server pages development and Database Management.
- Work with Excel services and Sql analysis services to provide results on data collected.
- Provide the bank with statistical reports on research and performance of various services using system tools.
- Develop Business Continuity plans for solutions
- Specifying and ensuring application controls are incorporated during design of the software in order to check on risk exposure.
We are looking for talent, proven application developers to join our Information Technology team. For the position, the successful applicants should have:
- A Bachelors of Science in Computing or related degree from a recognised University * Java programming certification
- The developers should have in depth skills in jbase/java that is provable and quantifiable (code samples and/ or project descriptions) as the bulk of our development work is in or interfaced with T24 banking system (T24 is a jbase/java system). * Interested in learning and has a creative mind set.
- Provable experience working on web or mobile application projects (work history with links to previous website projects)
- In particular, the applicant should have at least 2 years working experience in:br /> Developing applications, defining and testing the software or systems after development to ensure that the set functional and security parameters are in place.
- - Internet connectivity security.
- - Java programming and .net
- - Knowledge of SQL programming. SQL Server 2005/8 Administration and performance tuning will be an added advantage.
- - In depth skill with the tools of the trade in web and mobile development.
- Familiarity with networking and IT security will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of the workings of the internet, firewalls and VPN technology
- Some working knowledge of PC hardware
- Possess sound negotiation, excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Be pleasant, outgoing, aggressive and self-driven
- Appreciates the value of great user experience in building applications
- Responsive to user needs. Enjoys interacting with users and solving problems
The above positions are demanding roles which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
How to apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered your application must be received by 22nd July 2011. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm