System and Process Improvement Accountant1
- Company: Nation Media Group
- Deadline: Friday 15th July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa and has operations in print, electronics and digital media and attracts unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. We enable our people grow and nurture their full potential because they are our most important asset. We now seek to recruit self motivated and qualified candidates for the following position;
SYSTEM AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT ACCOUNTANT Job Ref: HR -07-11
The job entails continuous SAP user support and training to ensure optimal use of the system at all times. The job holder applies acquired accounting and IT skills to maintain and enhance the Accounting System performance in order to achieve accurate and timely reports.
Key result areas will include;
- Coordinating and facilitating training of users and continuously provide support for FI/CO system users
- Identify areas of improvement on already implemented modules to enhance efficiency and adoption of best practice
- Provide parameters to programmers of SAP reports to enable timely preparation of user reports
- Identify and provide appropriate transaction codes that enables creation of access profiles for an approved system users
- Make recommendations to management on optimal use of the system
- Compile and facilitate documentations on usage of system
- Identify weaknesses in DTI system and develop mitigating controls.
- Develop appropriate DTI reports to enhance controls over revenue and debt
- Monitor and improve the SAP & DTI interface
Skills, knowledge and experience requirement;
- University Degree in an IT related field.
- Certified SAP Fl/CO.
- 3 to 5 years working experience in a busy commercial environment.
- Excellent planning and execution skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills.
- Proactive in developing solutions.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria may send their applications and detailed CVs online at: http://careers.nationmedia.com before July 15, 2011. Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm
- The OLX Experience... Friday 25th July 2014 6:00pm
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm