- Company: Kenya Commercial Bank
- Deadline: Friday 22nd July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Kenya Commercial Bank, renowned for its diversity and growth in the Region is currently strengthening its support for group operations and business with the aim of maintaining Best Practice whilst also responding to the growing Business needs to support internal and external Customer Service delivery objectives and increase shareholder value. To this end the following challenging positions have arisen and candidates with the requisite competencies and qualifications described below are hereby encouraged to apply.
FORENSIC INVESTIGATOR: JOB REF AUD 02/2011
Reporting to the Senior Manager Electronic Frauds, the position will be responsible for the delivery of agreed objectives in proactive fraud management and investigation of frauds perpetrated through electronic means and keep the business informed of emerging electronic fraud threats.
The key responsibilities of this position will include; Proactively prevent, detect and investigate electronic fraud. These will include but will not be limited to frauds as a result of:
- System manipulation
- Electronic funds transfer
- Swift transfers
- Manipulation of mobile banking platform
- Agency banking
- Internet banking
- Violation of Information Security policies and procedures
- Execution of forensic and fraud investigations in line with the forensic and fraud methodology, processes, procedures and timeframes which Includes:
- - Performing fraud risk assessments
- - Carrying out forensic and fraud investigations
- - Preparation forensic and fraud reports
- - Maintaining proper files and updating the fraud database
- Undertake trend analysis and profile electronic fraud, highlighting weaknesses noted and make recommendations that are geared towards reducing incidences of fraud within the organization
- Prepare charge sheets whenever any legal action is taken against suspects and act as expert witness during court proceedings
- During investigative and special project assignments, identify internal control enhancements regarding safeguarding of assets, compliance issues, and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Carryout fraud awareness to staff of KCB Bank group
- Keep abreast with developments within the industry by participating in the various fraud forums
- Performance of special fraud management and investigations assignments as required
- Develop and maintain the skills, knowledge and expertise to make valuable contribution to the forensic and fraud team
- University Degree from a recognized institution with a bias towards IT
- CISA or Professional Information Security Qualification: CISSP/CISM or Network
- Certification : CCNA
- Qualification in any banking disciplines is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2-3 years IT experience
- Understanding of information security technologies
- Forensic investigations experience
- Experience in a banking environment
- Use of CAATs.
- Understanding of criminal law
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills as well as being meticulous, diligent, and observant
- Ability to work conscientiously and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interviewing & analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to a first changing environment.
The above positions are demanding roles which the bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
How to apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered your application must be received by 22nd July 2011. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- The Kenya Lean Series... Tuesday 29th July 2014 5:30pm
- Tech Meets Conservation 07... Thursday 31st July 2014 6:30pm
- AMI Self Management Training... Saturday 12th July 2014 9:00am
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm