Information and Communication Technology Manager1
- Company: Kenya Railways Corporation
- Deadline: Friday 29th July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
The Human Resources at Kenya Railways Corporation comprises of a professional team of dynamic individuals who provide support for the organization to achieve its organizational objectives and support individual colleagues towards achieving own set goals.
The Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and our recruitment policy is to recruit highly qualified motivated individuals.
The position will report to the Principal, Railway Training Institute and responsible for implementing information, communication & Technology systems required in supporting and driving the Institute business and decision making process to enable it achieve strategic competitive advantage.
The specific tasks will include:-
- Planning, administering and reviewing the acquisition, development, maintenance and use of computer and telecommunications systems within RTI;
- Formulating and enforcing information communication & technology (ICT) policies, procedures and systems;
- Designing, developing, implementing and maintaining databases and information systems for the institute;
- Planning and coordinating ICT activities such as installation and upgrading of hardware and software programming and systems design development of computer networks and implementing of internets and internet site.
- Overseeing the development, implementation and maintenance of security network;
- Coordinating and implementing required systems by the institute including ERP;
- Overseeing hardware maintenance, trouble shooting and user computer disaster recovery structure training;
- Coordinating the design, development and implementing of computer disaster recovery procedures to minimize on loss of data/or systems;
- Prepare ICT budgets and proposals.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Studies, Information/Systems Technology OR Equivalent.
- Relevant professional ICT qualifications such as MCSE – Microsoft Certified System Engineer
- 5 years experience, 3 of which must have been in a similar capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player and strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to apply
Kindly download the Employment Application Form (http://www.krc.co.ke/joomla/images/JULYJOBS2011/employment%20application%20form.doc)
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form, attach their testimonials and certificates and address their applications to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
to be received by Friday 29th July, 2011.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm
- ENTREPRENEURS FORUM #3... Saturday 19th July 2014 10:00am
- Job Hunting 4 Techies 101... Wednesday 9th July 2014 5:30pm