- Company: Creafinity Limited
- Deadline: Friday 15th July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Creafinity Limited is a Kenyan based enterprise with the aim of using technology to improve business. We specialize in web site design and development, System development, interactive media, E-business applications, Corporate Identity and Photography. Creafinity Limited is an innovative firm that believes in the power of technology in running today’s businesses. You can find out more about Creafinity from our website at http://www.creafinity.co.ke
Purpose of Position
The Front-end Designer position entails designing web site user interfaces and integrating back-end applications. In addition, enhancing the design and usability of existing web sites is also required. You must be must be highly motivated, creative, technically adept, work independently and or in a team and be able to communicate well both verbally and in written form. The following key aspects also apply:
- Contribute to the development of web site user interfaces and internet applications on time and according to project budgets and will be committed to continuously improving and sharing your technical expertise.
- Participate in technical design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of web sites.
- Report on the status of efforts, identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective action.
- Remain up to date on web technologies, evaluate software packages and make recommendations to management.
- Have a passion for bringing the user’s perspective into the design and development process.
- Be able to understand business needs behind client requirements and design effective web site solutions to meet business needs.
- Design and development of prototypes and storyboards to effectively communicate design direction to the production team.
- Identify and solve technical challenges of existing and new web design components.
- Development of UI standards for the development team.
- Conduct usability analysis of existing functionality
The Web/Graphic Designer will also meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to work against a plan and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to complete work assignments and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Have well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Have an ability to convey complex thoughts, both written and oral, in clear, concise and timely fashion.
- Openly and actively communicate information.
- Accountable for personal performance.
- Build and leverage a network of experts within and external to Creafinity to supplement one’s own expertise.
- Function effectively in a virtual team environment.
- Learn new concepts quickly and apply them in the course of his/her work.
- Assist in the definition of technical requirements in response to internal and external customer needs, ensuring clear priorities are set.
- Lead the scoping of technical solutions in response to client requirements, working with software engineers, graphic designers, quality assurance and release management functions.
- Manage all aspects of client projects through the lifecycle delivering to time and budget, (including Risk, Quality, third party milestones), ensuring that the solution meets the client requirements.
- Communicate project plans to the client.
- Assist the Business Development team in pre-sales roles where necessary.
- Contribute to other areas of the business and undertake additional responsibilities where necessary.
To be successful in the position of Front-end Designer, you will need to show:
- Accuracy, reliability and enthusiasm.
- Previous and recent experience in a similar environment.
- Flexibility with working hours.
- An outgoing, confident individual with initiative.
- “Can do” attitude
How to apply
To apply for this position send in your CV to email@example.com to reach us on or not later than 15 July 2011.
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm