- Company: Akengo
- Deadline: Sunday 7th September 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Akengo is on the hunt for an ambitious web designer who can work with us to take our learning platform to market and oversee its evolution as we grow a global edtech company. In this full-time role, you will be responsible for all design and frontend implementation while working with a high calibre team in a fast paced environment.
We’re an early stage social enterprise on the verge of going live with a product set to change how the world accesses quality education.
The Akengo platform leverages machine learning and behavioural insights to make personalized learning possible through Web and SMS. It’s more than just a smart learning tool; it’s an online marketplace where the best educators can host their content for the world’s largest organizations to deliver across their value chains.
Sound like your kind of startup? If you’re ready to put your skills to the test in one of the hottest and fastest growing sectors, come try out for the Web Designer position with the Akengo team.
· You absolutely love your craft and never stop learning
· You’re a creative soul who can forge a path where others haven’t thought to go and when nobody has the answer, you take the initiative to find one
· You can build clean, functional designs on time that work just as well for a corporate manager as for a smallholder farmer
· You have strong experience with HTML, CSS, conversion from PSD, and Photoshop / Adobe Illustrator. You will be comfortable versioning with Git or Bitbucket. Working knowledge of PHP and MVC is not necessary but would be an added advantage
· Your work ethic inspires those around you to be at their best
· When your designs are questioned, you fight for them with evidence
· You are detail-obsessed but know that “done” is better than “perfect”
· You would rather play foosball than take a nap (yes, we have a foos table and it’s way better than the one at iHub)
· You want your name to be behind a product that’s used and adored by millions
The magic happens at our office in Cape Office Park on Ring Road opposite Yaya. It’s a great space and we keep it stocked with plenty of coffee, tea, foosball, and sunshine. We also like to spend Friday’s out of the office.
Salary and benefits, including participation in the employee stock option plan, will be competitive and dependent on your level of ability.
How to apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Web Designer" in the subject. We don't require a cover letter. However, blank emails with attached CVs are not all that inspiring so introducing yourself and explaining why this position excites you will help.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm