Experienced Entrepreneur? InternItUp is looking for a CEO!1
- Company: InternItUp
- Deadline: Saturday 20th September 2014
- Location: Nairobi
POSITION: CEO for InternItUp.com. Permanent.
LOCATION: Nairobi, Kenya.
InternItUp matches Kenyan undergrads and grads to internship/attachment opportunities. We help Kenyan youth prepare for the workplace. We provide a funnel of passionate and polished talent into the African workforce. We monetize youth communities.
To deliver on this dream, InternItUp owns the fastest growing, most engaged grad community in the country, both on www.facebook.com/internitup and on www.internitup.com. This leadership position needs to be consolidated and amplified.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial CEO – NOT a person looking for a 9-5 job. This is going to be intense. You need to be hungry. Together, the team is going to have to work harder than we’ve ever worked before. But we’re going to change the workplace in Kenya. We’re going to help grads and undergrads get their skills to a point where they can enter the workforce and perform. And then we’re going to take this product to the rest of Africa.
The role is ideal for someone who has the right mix of leadership, passion, energy, experience, business savvy, entrepreneurial spirit, innovative nature and a vast network of contacts - the who’s who in Kenya business.
You will have been successful in startup companies (or will have learned from previous failures) and be focused on the wants and needs of consumers in the internship, youth education & eLearning space.
Let’s get into it.
This is a high stress position. Our CEO will need to:
· Be independent. You’ll have mentors, a board and 2 passionate interns to help – but there’s no handholding. You’ll need to hit the ground running, not stare at a screen in the office.
· Deliver the business plan.
· Deliver and be accountable for monthly management reports back to board. Sales and performance metrics will be reported back every 2 weeks.
· Demonstrate a track record for managing funding rounds, hitting targets and delivering value to shareholders.
· Be business savvy. Operate at board level. Think on your feet.
· Develop strong and mutually respectful relationships with board, staff and C Level clients.
Skills. (If you don’t have these, don’t apply!)
· Strong desire to lead from a strategic/tactical perspective in all aspects of day–to-day operations.
· Ability to manage budgets tightly, keeping the company liquid and in business.
· Experience managing and being responsible for P&L
· Ability to monitor & measure a technology startup. Deep understanding of performance analytics.
· Excellent leadership, negotiation, management, problem solving & interpersonal skills.
· Ability to keep the team focused on the goals set out in the business plan.
· Ability to evangelize and motivate InternItUp.
· Ability to customize and design sales opportunities that can be efficiently and cost effectively delivered through the InternItUp product set.
· Experience making formal, persuasive presentations in front of large groups.
· Exceptional oral & written communication skills.
Qualifications. (If you don’t have these, don’t apply!)
· Kenyan Work Permit or East African Resident
· 3-5 years of mid level and/or senior level management experience.
· 3-5 years of strategic sales and marketing experience.
· Strong graduate academic credentials.
Qualifications. The following would give you an edge:
· Prior CEO/COO experience
· MBA from a recognized educational institution
· Experienced entrepreneur who has taken at least one startup from seed round all the way to an investor’s exit strategy.
· Pan African business connections to help with expansion plans in the future
· Prior experience in sales and/or leadership efforts at a startup company or other organization.
· Extremely competitive salary with bonuses for performance targets.
· Equity (will vest over 3 years)
· A strong international board of VC’s, Shareholders and Mentors who are passionate about the product and invested in the business.
How to apply
Don’t just send a CV. Tell us why you’ve got the experience to be the leader of this business. Tell us what you’re going to do to make it succeed. Tell us why you want this. Tell us why we should care about your application.
Applications end: 20th September 2014
Successful applicants will be contacted to arrange interviews.
Applicants must be available via Skype.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm