Front end Ruby developer a1
- Company: BRCK
- Deadline: Thursday 18th September 2014
- Location: Nairobi
BRCK is looking for a new front end developer to develop its cloud based network management tools. You will be joining a small team of kickass programmers developing some of the coolest code on the continent.
Who are we?
We’re a young software and hardware company in Nairobi who make the BRCK device, a self-powered mobile WiFi router that connects people and things to the internet. If you’re hungry to join a team that uses technology to solve real-world problems, and has a fun time while doing so, then you might want to get in touch about our Front End Ruby Devposition
As important as having the right skills, we’re acutely focused on finding new team members who have the right cultural fit.
BRCK is a place where details matter, but where people don’t look over your shoulder to make sure you’re getting your job done. Where you’re measured on your effectiveness, not your hours worked, and where we trust you to balance priorities and get the right stuff done.
We’re a young company, so everyone works hard and we don’t appreciate meaningless bureaucracy or meetings. We’re especially focused on finding people who have a high level of energy that they throw at their work, learning as needed, but focused and passionate all of the time.
· You love solving hard problems, and often ones you have never seen before
· You understand that the customer is always (OK, almost always) right
· Good code comes naturally to you
· You understand what comments are for!
· You don’t let problems and issues lurk.
Other skills needed:
· You will have a substantial experience developing front end heavy web applications
· Working knowledge of distributed version control systems such as Git, Mercurial etc
· Experience in collaborative software development
· Familiarity with Linux is, while not required, will be beneficial.
· You don't need a degree, but we need to see that you have what it takes to develop a world leading cloud platform such as ours.
This position is based in our Nairobi office, with option for remote working available. We like face time so we will require that you be based with us here. However, if you think your worth it, apply anyway,and we'll see how it works out
The remuneration will be dependent on your level of ability, and very competitive within the industry. We want world class talent
How to apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close no later than 30 Aug 2014, or when the appropriate candidate is found.
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm