- Company: Creative Edge
- Deadline: Friday 8th July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Creative Edge is looking for a Web Developer to join their team. You will be responsible for handling coding and development on medium to large projects. The successful candidate should possess these qualifications.
- At least 2 years of progressively more responsible positions in web programming, CMS development and website design.
- Experience with working in teams of at least 3 people in complimentary roles.
- Diploma in IT, Computer Science or a Computer related field required.
Skills, Knowledge and Characteristics:
- Familiarity and in depth skill with the tools of the trade in web development including HTML/CSS programming, PHP/MySQL or/and ASP/MSSQL programming, CMS templating, Microsoft and Adobe software suite of products.
- Possesses significant knowledge of client server and internet systems architectures.
- Understands technical and functional design requirements. Understands how to create prototypes for client engagements. Designs, codes, and tests technical solutions. Identifies system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- Understands browser specific compatibility issues.
- Understands the necessity of and contributes to coding standards.
- Strong effective communicator. Promotes active listening with team members. Contributes appropriately to conversations.
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills. Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members. Appreciates each team member's contributions and values each individual member.
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution. Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to assist and facilitate successful project execution. Anticipates client needs before they arise and presents solutions to project management that encompass issues at hand. Co-ordinates small teams of developers. Assists in enforcement of development deadlines and schedules.
- Commitment to continuous learning. Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base. Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies. Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment. Structured or large company experience will not work here.
How to apply
Interested Applicants can send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art meets Tech roundtable... Thursday 21st August 2014 5:30pm
- Afroes Game Design Challenge... Thursday 21st August 2014 9:00am
- FIRESIDE CHAT: RENAUD VISAGE (EVENTBRITE FOUNDER)... Monday 11th August 2014 5:00pm
- Google #40 Forward iHub Forum... Friday 8th August 2014 5:30pm