East Africa Project Manager1
- Company: Medic Mobile
- Deadline: Friday 29th August 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Medic Mobile is growing.
We are looking to immediately hire a Project Manager on a permanent basis to assist our partners in implementing Medic tools across several African countries. Are you passionate about global health and technology, working at the grass roots level, and collaborating with people from varied cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds? We’d love to hear from you.
While there are specific skills that we are looking for, please treat the following more as guidelines than as nonnegotiable checklists. Whatever technologies, work environments, and approaches to global health and development you’ve experienced in the past, we expect you have mastered them in depth, and we expect that you will be able to adapt quickly to new technologies and work environment that we need to accommodate in the future. If you consider yourself able and passionate about our cause, but do not have the exact skill set required, please apply anyway.
Ideally, you are proactive, a strong written and verbal communicator, self-directed, self-motivated, committed to Medic Mobile’s mission, and excited to join a dynamic, growing team. We’re looking for someone to be based most of the year in Nairobi with regional travel, but our team is spread around the world and we need someone who enjoys working virtually.
Project Manager Job Description
Medic Mobile is seeking a highly community-focused, impact-driven, and creative project manager to join our team in Nairobi, Kenya. Medic Mobile believes in global health equity made possible through well-connected, coordinated health systems. Our technologies leverage low-cost mobile platforms and connect people at every level of the health system – from clinicians to community health workers to patients. After three years, we now work with more than 40 international and local partners across 21 countries in Africa, Asia, North America, and South America. We have partnered with NGOs, Ministries of Health, the CDC, and private networks of clinics with support from the World Bank, USAID, the US State Department, corporate foundations, family foundations, mobile network operators, academic institutions, and others. The results have continued; we estimate our programs change how healthcare is delivered to 800,000 people annually in challenging settings around the world.
This particular Project Manager position is highly cross-functional and will require coordination across several groups within Medic Mobile including partnerships, software development, research, data analytics, and business intelligence.
• Direct and manage partner engagement and project development.
• Define project plans, goals, deliverables, and deadlines.
• Proactively manage project changes, identify potential issues & devise contingency plans.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Coordinate communication between Medic Mobile team members and partner organizations.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members (includes but not limited to East Africa Regional Manager, Field Manager, Chief Technology Officer, project software developer, Senior Designer and clinical research manager) and other project stakeholders (includes but not limited to partner organization's project manager, community leaders, community members, chief medical information officer, IT department, project staff in-country).
• Coordinate software development, software testing and execution of clinical trials, data analysis, publication, result dissemination, & adoption of Medic Mobile tools by other organizations.
• Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• BA/BS in a technical degree, with 4 years of relevant analytical work experience in project management. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience.
• Proven experience managing projects and leading cross-functional teams located around the globe in different time zones.
• Fluency in English (written and oral)
• Legal ability to work in Kenya (valid work permit) & passport
• BA/BS degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, economics or finance).
• Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills; adept at learning new internal tools and systems and driving or designing improvements.
• Fluency in Swahili (written and oral)
How to apply
If this role inspires and intrigues you, please get in touch. Send through a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, to Maeghan Orton at email@example.com by August 15, 2014. Applicants are encourage to apply as early as possible, as interviews will be held on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm