Software Developer Partner1
- Company: Mowoza
- Deadline: Friday 15th July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Join moWoza in shaping the way Africa will select, buy and part with its money each time a transaction is made for a consumer product.
moWoza is an innovative start-up shopping platform, while we are have a social conscious, we are also profit driven. For all the good we plan to do we need to stay focused on driving change, building markets in places where currently there are limited markets and products.
For such a big vision, moWoza needs a Software, Platform and Mobile Environment Visionary, A Technology / ICT Business Partner
- Clear and positive engagement
- Comprehensive support throughout the lifecycle of moWoza
- Commensurate sharing
- Awareness of business (Balance Sheets and Profit and Loss)
- Willingness to be part of a start-up and as the business scales up
- A dynamic, forward thinking, passionate about technology (especially wanting Africa to lead in the way of mobile technologies), a boundary pusher.
- Be based in South Africa or to travel to South Africa frequently or for prolonged periods of time.
moWoza is keen to partner with an individual who demonstrate a track record in their domain / technology / geography, and who believes that he/she can enhance moWoza’s ability to:
- Implement pilots
- Rollout/ scale up pilot to larger projects
- Offer a larger variety of services
- Build flexibility and scalability into the technological solution
- End-to-end delivery of all technology solution
- Build flexibility and scalability into the technological offerings
- Improve margins and price competitiveness by reducing the cost of execution
Strong domain expertise in e-business, mobile applications, independent validation services, logistics and warehousing, voice-based technologies and content delivery platforms.
Innovation in Web and Mobile design and architecture is integral to moWoza’s success. As is internal research and development, this is an important and on-going part of moWoza business future success. Keeping abreast of what is developing in the mobile space, with new software, hardware and methods to ensure we offer Africa the latest and best solutions.
- Demonstrate projects you have lead and implemented
- You love to write code and solve challenging problems
- Business Analyst,
- Software Product Engineer
- Familiar with professional software development practices such as source code control, defect tracking, unit testing and code reviews
- Configure your environment for developing WEB, WAP (tablet, smart phone) and SMS mobile applications
- Deploy mobile applications to the WAP and SMS market
- Open platform for mobile development and WAP eatures
- Creating Applications, Activities, and User Interfaces
- Using Intents and the Internet
- Using Files, Preferences, Databases, and Content Providers
- Utilizing Location-Based Services and working in the background
- Developer Registration for the WAP and SMS Market
- Have a web standards background: PhP programming, MS SQL,
- HTML, XML, Java, J2ME, Windev, Perl, WebRunTime, USSD is essential, etc.
- Mobile application development on SMS and WAP • MySQL, Susilinxx, Open source environment • Understand mobile phone regulatory environment.
How to apply
Please respond, in confidence with a concise bio detailing experience in the mobile environment and contact details & time to email@example.com, other contact details are mobile: 0044 7949107816 and Skype ID: assissi28
- EXPERT TALK - IBM'S RESEARCH DR. KOMMIE WELDEMARIAM... Wednesday 12th March 2014 9:35pm
- DevOps Day Nairobi 2014... Wednesday 12th March 2014 9:35pm
- NAIROBIJS MARCH MEETUP – PLAYING WITH ANGULARJS... Wednesday 12th March 2014 9:35pm
- INTEL – GOOGLE DEVELOPER GROUP MEETUP... Wednesday 12th March 2014 9:35pm