Software Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics Navision1
- Company: Bridge International Academies
- Deadline: Friday 15th July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Bridge International Academies is a startup revolutionizing education across Africa with a truly unique business model. The company has launched a large-scale franchise-like network of ultra low-cost for-profit private primary schools across Africa. Our schools profitably deliver high-quality education for less than $4 per child per month, enabling local school managers to operate their school businesses profitably, while creating a highly successful business at the central level. We now have 26 schools in Kenya, and plan to rapidly scale the company to serve more than 1 million students.
We have and are continuing to develop one of the most sophisticated operational approaches to providing affordable education to MILLIONS of children in one of the most challenging environments in the world! Our success relies on our “School in a Box”, a sophisticated set of custom developed systems, tools and processes (think McDonalds or Starbucks) that are used by all School Managers, as well as by support teams at Headquarters to audit, monitor and support all of our schools. While the end-user (School Manager) technology at the school is limited to paper and a mobile phone, all of our systems and processes are underpinned by a sophisticated set of supporting and enabling technologies that allows schools to operate cost effectively and efficiently, with oversight by headquarters.
We are looking for a full time Software Engineer for Microsoft Dynamics NAV to join our technology team that powers and improves efficiency to enhance our competitive advantage. The key responsibilities will include:
- Requirements analysis and process mapping.
- Solution design and development.
- Implementation and debugging.
- Data migration and end user training.
- Integration of Microsoft Dynamics NAV with other custom systems.
- In-house support for end-users.
- You have BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- You are a Microsoft Certified Dynamics NAV Business Management Solutions Developer.
- You are an exceptionally talented coder with knowledge of C/SIDE, role tailored client and web services development in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience developing and support of custom-built solutions in Microsoft Dynamics NAV for medium and large organisations.
- You have experience integrating off-the-shelf and custom-built technologies.
- You have experience taking software projects through the entire software lifecycle (requirements analysis, design, implementation, deployment, post deployment support).
- You work well as part of a team and like to both teach and learn from others.
- You are familiar with professional software development practices such as source code control, defect tracking, unit testing and code reviews.
- You love to write code and solve challenging problems
- You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high
- You are in expert in two or more of the following technologies:
- C#/.NET development
- MS SQL Server
- PHP/MySQL web development
- Android development
- SQL Reporting Services
The job is based in our headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
Examples of our Software Needs
The following are examples some of the software projects that are currently under development or consideration:
- Automated Student Payment Information System - manages billing, automatically updates database with data from banks and mobile payment systems, provides tools for operator to correct and assign payments, and uses SMS interface to send coded updates to Schools, and receive interactive SMS queries and remote error correction.
- Customized integrated financial system - taking customizable financial package and integrating with payment information system, reporting tools, and developing additional tools for automated budget tracking, and SMS-based payment requests and school payroll.
- Data Management and Dashboard/Reporting Tools for HQ staff to support schools - we are developing tools that collect key performance data and provide dashboards/reports to allow support teams to monitor progress of our schools.
- Android Mobile Phone App - We are porting of many of our paper-based processes at our schools to a mobile phone app on the Android platform to streamline school operations.
How to apply
To apply, visit: http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?nl=1&k=Job&j=oMONVfw2&s=iHub
- INTEL SHARK TANK... Wednesday 11th December 2013 5:00pm
- MARKETING AND PR WITH PATRICIA MBATIA... Monday 2nd December 2013 3:00pm
- AIRTEL MONEY DEVELOPER SESSION... Wednesday 4th December 2013 1:30pm