Product Development Engineer (OS)1
- Company: BRCK LIMITED
- Deadline: Thursday 31st July 2014
- Location: Nairobi
BRCK, the new standard in rugged communication devices, is looking for a junior electrical designer to join their team in Nairobi, Kenya. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a passion for enabling communication globally. We have very ambitious plans and we are looking for someone that can share our vision, and take the BRCK product to the next level.
The BRCK development group, made of world-class mechanical, electrical and software engineers is based in Nairobi, Kenya, fostering a new age of hardware development on the continent. While we would prefer local applicants, international applicants willing to make a transition to Kenya are invited to apply as well.
We are looking for someone that is a Linux guru. If your idea of a good time is bringing up a new kernel with only 4MB of drive space, rewriting hotplug to minimize its power draw, and refactoring shell scripts to get rid of that nanosecond glitch, then this is the role for you. We need someone that can take our current embedded software stack from good to amazing. You will have a lot of autonomy in this role, and it will be up to you to decide on your workflows and
Skills and Requirements
· Formal education is encouraged, but your skills will be judged on their own accord.
· Minimum of 3 years writing commercial embedded or server grade software (not web or mobile software)
· Minimum of 3 years developing on Linux / UNIX.
· Proven understanding of OS design and architecture considerations.
Optional Skills and Experience
· Experience with embedded Linux on networking devices (OpenWRT, dd-WRT, Tomato)
· Device driver design and implementation
· Networking / IP experience would be great. DNS/DHCP will be part of this role.
· Working knowledge in Linux OS hardening
Priority will be given to individuals with a proven track record of pushing the envelope, thinking creatively and a passion for global communication.
Up to 10% international travel will be required.
This role will be based in the BRCK Design office in Nairobi, Kenya. We are not a 9-5 company, and remote working is available if it improves your productivity, although we love face to face time.
Remuneration will be dependent on skills and experience, and we expect to be able to deliver a competitive package.
How to apply
Please send your cv, contact details and cover letter to email@example.com
- NRBUZZ: Using M-Health services to support home-based health care... Thursday 18th September 2014 5:30pm
- INTEL-SPONSORED GAME DEVELOPER MEETUP... Saturday 6th September 2014 10:00am
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm