Product Development Engineer (Mechanical1
- Company: BRCK LIMITED
- Deadline: Wednesday 30th July 2014
- Location: Nairobi
BRCK, the new standard in rugged communication devices, is looking for a junior electrical designer to join their team in Nairobi, Kenya. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a passion for enabling communication globally. We have very ambitious plans and we are looking for someone that can share our vision, and take the BRCK product to the next level.
The BRCK development group, made of world-class mechanical, electrical and software engineers is based in Nairobi, Kenya, fostering a new age of hardware development on the continent. While we would prefer local applicants, international applicants willing to make a transition to Kenya are invited to apply as well.
We are looking for a mechanical designer to join our team. You will be a guru when it comes to plastic moulding, maching and forming processes, able to push the envelope in your design. Industrial design will be a strong point, but at the end of the day we want a strong reliable device. You will be working closely alongside our electrical and design engineers
Skills and Requirements
· Minimum B.Eng (Mechanical or Mechatronics), M.Eng or similar preferred.
· Experience designing injection moulded components and machined metal components
· Expert with 3D CAD (Solidworks, Creo, etc)
· Failure analysis skills required.
Optional Skills and Experience
· Consumer electronics design experience preferred, although other medium high volume products
· Hands on experience
· Project management skills
Roles and Responsibilities
· Design of the next gen BRCK externals, and mechanical internals
· Testing and failure mode analysis.
· Taking the product and its parts from initial design, right through to mass production in our factories in China, US and Kenya.
Priority will be given to individuals with a proven track record of pushing the envelope, thinking creatively and a passion for global communication.
Up to 10% international travel will be required.
This role will be based in the BRCK Design office in Nairobi, Kenya. We are not a 9-5 company, and remote working is available if it improves your productivity, although we love face to face time.
Remuneration will be dependent on skills and experience, and we expect to be able to deliver a competitive package.
How to apply
Please send your resume, day contacts and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm