Strategic Information Associate Consultant (HMIS)1
- Company: Futures Group
- Deadline: Thursday 14th July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Futures Group International develops and enhances strategic information (SI) systems at health facilities to collect and track data to improve patient and project outcomes, including reports for the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) indicators, National Ministry of Health (MOH) indicators, and specific project indicators. This information is essential to provide high quality care and treatment, procurement activities, tracking progress, providing accurate reporting to both the MOH and US Government and to be used by local partner treatment facilities (LPTFs) for adaptive management.
The Strategic Information Associate Consultant (HMIS) will be responsible for automating collection and reporting of Health Information at LPTFs and delivering supportive supervision, monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting. She/he will be on a fixed contract starting August 1st 2011 and ending Feb 28th 2012.
She/he will be responsible for ensuring that data collected is comprehensive, clean and valid, and ensuring the further deployment of IQCare Electronic Medical Records System (EMR) to all service delivery outlets in the network. Additionally, the SI Associate will also contribute in HMIS development, through NASCOP and other national level HIV/AIDS leadership bodies.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- IT troubleshooting and bug reporting at LPTFs( Local Partner Treatment Facilities) that have technical difficulties
- Assist the SI team to remotely connect to the LPTF databases
- Build capacity of local partners to manage, analyze and make use of their data
- Assist in the capacity building efforts of the strategic information team.
- Continued development of IQTools and IQCare database systems via
- Programming of SQL queries for all new clinical reports requested by the Clinical lead team and local partners
- Building and designing of data collection forms used in IQCare EMR system
- Requirements gathering
- Documentation of indicators
- Assist the strategic information team to deploy and manage the IQCare (EMR) rollout and maintenance at LPTFs
- Other responsibilities as needed
- B.Sc. Computer science,
- 3 years of HMIS / database programming experience,
- Excellent computer skills ( SQL, Access, Excel, network, antivirus)
- Experience working with Patient Management and Monitoring Systems (PMMS)
- Experience in implementing US Government-funded projects.
- Have a good understanding of the health systems in Kenya
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with and designing tools for health information data entry and reporting
- Ability to trouble-shoot, manage crisis, and problem solving
How to apply
To respond to this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line of your email before July 14th 2011
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm
- ENTREPRENEURS FORUM #3... Saturday 19th July 2014 10:00am
- Job Hunting 4 Techies 101... Wednesday 9th July 2014 5:30pm