Program Management Certification Trainer1
- Company: Futures Group
- Deadline: Thursday 14th July 2011
- Location: Nairobi
Futures Group provides health management information systems (HMIS) support to the Government of Kenya (GoK) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Under a new contract, the Futures team provides a range of technical assistance including: support for the continued development and implementation of the national HMIS strategy; improving information flow to guide policy and program decisions; facilitating interoperability between disparate HMIS including specific efforts to harmonize and integrate laboratory, pharmacy, and Electronic Medical Records (EMR) sub-systems; and developing a data warehouse.
The Program Management Certification Trainer will advise and provide technical expertise to the Chief of Party and broader project team on a consultancy-basis for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days. The Program Management Certification Trainer is expected to have substantial expertise in IT domains related to Health, EMR, operationalizing software development methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, SDLC, Zackman, RUP) to .NET technical teams; providing templates, reviewing technical documentation for compliance with framework, expert knowledge of and experience applying Project Management Principles (PMP) to software development. The Program Management Certification Trainer is also expected to have extensive working knowledge of EMR; having an understanding of IQCare along with other components of IQSolutions would be an added advantage.
The work requires innovation and strong technical leadership. There is an organizational reliance on the knowledge, initiative and experience of the Program Management Certification Trainer. Work is very technical in nature and knowledge is highly specialized. Recommendations are recognized as expert. Additionally, will work in close coordination with HMIS Senior Technical Manager develops strategic and project plans, and is responsible for resolving complex software business rules issues while ensuring integrity of databases.
- 10 years Expert knowledge in IT Project Management Institute Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)principles, domains and ability to operationalize PMBOK within to .NET programming team
- 5 years as expert trainer in Agile Software Development Methodology Lifecycle (SDLC) applied to IQCare
- 5 years of experience holding Project Management Institute PMI compliant Project Management Principles (PMP) training courses
- Knowledge and experience as SCRUM master using each of the following Project Management Tools Unified Modeling Language (UML), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Scrum, CMMI, Open Source tools and Enterprise Architecture (EA)
- 5 years of experience with Electronic Medical Records Systems (EMRs)
- 5 year experience using software Testing tools (automated and manual process)
- Provides technical advice and training to senior technical leads in Agile SDLC framework; SPRINT; user requirements template, business analysis document, data dictionary mapping for EMR, IQSolutions and HL7 process.
- Provides programming team best practices Use Cases for interoperability; Use Case Scenarios; templates and CMMI process applied to EMR systems, including IQSolutions and HL7.
- Plans for major project milestones on EVM, TQM, CPM to reduce schedule and risk mitigation.
- Provides guidance and advice to senior technical programmers, technical team.
- Advises technical team on setting up IT policies, practices, and standards for operationalizing Agile SDLC, PMP principles in EMR and IQSolutions environment, and contributing to HL7 compliance for interoperability.
- Provides user requirement templates, data dictionary mapping of ICD10 coding and Continuity of Care (CCD) standards in EMR interoperability.
- Defines project terms of reference; manages the selection and provision of the appropriate technology; collaborates in determining priorities and deliverables, monitors service levels; evaluates against success measures; and makes presentations to management (internal and client organizations).
- Provides detailed test plan and test database; establishes unit testing process, smoke testing, and regression testing for EMRs, and IQSolutons platform for HL7 interoperability and ICD 10 coding.
- Supports bi- weekly technical working groups meetings with communications documents and schedules updates in concert with senior technical team.
- Responsible for tracking tasks, activities, goals, and milestones in accordance with Agile SDLC and PMP.
- Responsible for cross-functional version control and updates to EMR to EMR as well as IQCare to IQTools.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Extensive expertise knowledge of IT principles, agile methods and SCRUM techniques; analytical skills and superior knowledge and certifications, and training in project management principles to manage projects and work with multi-disciplinary teams applied to IQSolutions.
- An expert knowledge in IT domains of healthcare and finance in order to provide advice to clients and senior management.
- Ability to quickly grasp the functional interrelationships and user issues critical to the success of software applications.
- Expert ability to guide project managers and technical staff toward defining specifications that address their near-term needs, and anticipating longer-term requirements.
- Evaluation skills to understand and present the costs/benefits of alternative development projects to prioritize them in order of their potential contribution to business performance.
- Strong writing skills are required to produce specifications, correspondence and documentation related to IT.
- Analytical skills are required to conceptualize and manage the development of IT architectures, frameworks, strategies, and training experience preferred.
- Solid experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Scrum, CMMI, Open Source tools and Enterprise Architecture (EA) in supporting EMRs including IQSolutions.
Equipment to be used: General office equipment; Computers
Physical demands: N/A
Must be available for domestic and international travel for up to 30% time
How to apply
Send your application to: email@example.com
- Kids Hacker Camp: April Edition... Tuesday 22nd April 2014 9:00am
- CryptoParty... Tuesday 15th April 2014 4:00pm
- QUALITY ASSURANCE TRAINING WITH OLIVER SZIMMETAT, MICROSOFT... Thursday 10th April 2014 10:00am
- NRBUZZ: WHAT ROLE DOES RESEARCH PLAY IN EDTECH?... Thursday 10th April 2014 5:30pm