Business Development Manager1
- Company: Verviant
- Deadline: Saturday 2nd August 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Verviant is a leading provider of innovative IT solutions and services to companies. Verviant partners with
industry-leading technology providers such as Microsoft, Oracle and Misys. Verviant delivers software solutions to customers
from the web, mobile and desktop.
For more information visit www.verviant.com
Title: Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager works to improve Verviant’s market position and achieve financial growth. This
person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business
opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The
Business Development Manager works in a senior sales position within the company. It is his/her job to work with the
internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for
Verviant. To achieve this, the Business Development Manager needs to find potential new customers, ultimately convert them
into clients, and continue to grow business in the future. The Business Development Manager will also help manage existing
clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. Calls on clients are often required to make presentations on solutions
and services that meet or predict Verviant clients’ future needs.
The primary role of the Business Development Manager is to prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising
or other means of generating interest from potential clients. He/She must then plan persuasive approaches and pitches that
will convince potential clients to do business with Verviant. He/She must develop a rapport with new clients, and set
targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship. H/She is also required to grow and
retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients. The Business Development Manager works with
mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff. He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for
developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of the job, since it is the business manager’s
responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to Verviant. This requires a thorough knowledge of the
market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors.
As an Verviant Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, recruiting, and managing an account
base of indirect channel partners which generate service revenue by executing programs to sell new and existing Verviant
Professional and Managed Services to their client base.
- Apply your prior industry experience with business processes and service offerings.
- Develop and build relationships with your existing industry contacts.
- Prospect and recruit new indirect service partners and mine for new business with existing partners
- Market the company’s services through cold calling, appointment scheduling and responding to bids, RFP’s and RFQ’s.
Develop proposals, agreements and related documentation.
- Track of sales activities including new partners and potential partners through Verviant resources and tools.
- Manage the contract process with new indirect sales partners; communicate partner needs to service delivery and
operations as required.
While the exact responsibilities will vary from company to company, the main duties of the Business Development Manager can
be summarized as follows:
New Business Development
Business Development Planning
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in a Business Development role and a history of
building industry relationships with leading technology and consulting service providers.
Bachelor's Degree in technology, business or related field preferred. Candidates with commensurate employment experience
will be considered.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing, Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales,
Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge,
Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
- Prior sales experience in the IT solutions and services sector with proven track record of partner and channel
relationships is preferred.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent professional writing skills.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills.
How to apply
please send cv to email@example.com
- The Cheetah Fund Crowdfunding Bootcamp... Thursday 9th October 2014 9:00am
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm