Senior Front End Developer1
- Company: Kimetrica Limited
- Deadline: Friday 1st August 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Kimetrica to recruit a Senior Front End Developer initially for a period of 1 month with a possibility to extend up to 12 months .
· As a Python/Django specialist, the developer will work on building an online data warehouse including REST-based import and export functionality and strong data visualization capabilities.
· The Senior Developer will produce well-written code with minimal supervision; s/he should have mature judgement to know when to ask for help with a difficult issue.
· H/she will conduct independent research to identify the best approach to solve new problems and document findings.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4 years+ Python including version 2.7
- 4 years+ Django Framework including version 1.5 or later, including South Migrations and Unittest
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Django REST Framework
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux (Red Hat or Ubuntu)
About the candidate:
· Reporting to the systems architect, the developer should have a strong awareness of best practice development, including Agile methodologies; maintaining security, cross-platform/modern browser compliance, accessibility, scalability and performance standards.
· Should believe strongly in software quality and ensure it by following agreed processes and standards, and using automated unit tests and similar tools.
· Should be ambitious, focused and dedicated.
· Should have excellent written English.
Terms and Conditions:
· Highly competitive salary package
· Friendly and stimulating working environment
· Major opportunities for career growth and on-the-job learning
· 1 month assignment with a possibility of extending up to 12 months
Formed by a group of former humanitarian and development workers in 2006, Kimetrica is a social enterprise focused on providing policy-makers and project managers with the tools and skills they need to do their jobs well. Our work centers on providing knowledge management solutions for governments, bi-lateral donors, the World Bank, and not-for-profit organizations in the areas of performance management and disaster risk reduction. With a headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and project support offices in Ethiopia, Moldova, and the US, Kimetrica employs 60 full-time professional staff and an extensive network of sector specialists with expertise ranging from early warning and contingency planning to social protection and research and data analysis.
How to apply
To apply, please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th July 2014. Please put in the subject line of your e-mail: Senior Front End Developer. Ensure that your CV and cover letter describe your background and experience as related to the job responsibilities and skills. Note that Kimetrica will only contact eligible candidates for interviews.
- PHP User Group... Tuesday 2nd September 2014 5:30pm
- HOW DO YOU DEVELOP YOUR SOFTWARE... Wednesday 3rd September 2014 6:00pm
- MOBILE MONDAY – FEATURING ELMA BY CRAFT SILICON... Monday 8th September 2014 6:00pm
- MANAGING CUSTOMERS AND MARKETS... Tuesday 9th September 2014 9:00am