- Company: Conquest Capital Ltd
- Deadline: Monday 9th June 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Conquest Capital Ltd is a fast growing Information Communications Technology company that specializes in web design and development, networking, software development, procurement of ICT equipment, hardware, and general consultancy.
Conquest Capital wishes to urgently recruit a suitable person to fill the position of Web/Graphic Designer.Overall purpose of the job
To develop websites, graphics, logos, web applications, and other web related duties.Responsibilities
Reporting to Creative Director, and in collaboration with the ICT team, the Web Graphic/Web Designer will perform the following duties, among others:
- Develop new Web applications as identified by the supervisor, and their management through packaged and customised applications;
- Ensure that the main Conquest Capitalportal and other websites are up-to-date through collaboration with other staff;
- Maintain and enhance existing Web applications and ensure all internal systems are integrated;
- Perform complete testing of Web applications unit and system, engaging users as necessary;
- Conduct all user acceptances testing, and report results;
- Design and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use;
- Develop graphic content such as logos and adverts for websites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge required for performing the job
- Possess excellent knowledge of XHTML/CSS mark up and current web standards.
- Proficiency in content management systems such as Joomla and WordPress.
- A good understanding of web graphics, typography, page layout and illustration.
- Experience in using graphic design software tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, GoLive).
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma from a reputable university in computer science.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in website production.
- Be willing to learn and share new skills.
- High degree of organisation, adaptability and prioritization.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This position reports to the Creative Director. The selected candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
How to apply
Only electronic applications will be accepted.
Applications will be accepted up to 9th June 2014, or until the position is filled, whichever is earlier. Send an application (including current salary details and anticipated remuneration package), with a current CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including e-mail addresses and fax numbers), copies of transcripts or academic certificates and relevant testimonials, and a one-page write-up (application letter) on how you consider yourself suitable for the above job. Electronic copies must be sent to email@example.com. Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
How to apply
- PHP USER GROUP MEETUP... Tuesday 7th October 2014 5:30pm
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 1st October 2014 12:00pm
- Entrepreneurship Forum #5... Saturday 27th September 2014 1:00pm
- BBC “WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY” RADIO SHOW... Tuesday 23rd September 2014 8:00pm