Customer Success Manager1
- Company: Grameen Foundation
- Deadline: Friday 20th June 2014
- Location: Nairobi
Grameen Foundation (http://www.grameenfoundation.org/) is a global non-profit organization that combines microfinance, technologies, and sustainable innovation to empower the world's poorest people to escape poverty. Founded in 1997, Grameen Foundation’s has worked with pro-poor organizations and micro-entrepreneurs in 46 countries.
Operating as an agile tech startup within Grameen Foundation, the TaroWorks™ team is building android based software to enable non-profits and social enterprises to manage their remote field operations. Built for organizations working on the most difficult places on the planet where connectivity is limited, TaroWorks provides real-time data and feedback loops that connect the head office directly to their field staff and beneficiaries.
Please visit www.taroworks.org for more information on the product and team.
We are currently seeking a Technical Account Manager to help support growing number of TaroWorks™ customers across Africa, Asia and Latin America. This role has the following main objectives:
• Drive Customer Success: Provide training, on-boarding and deployment support for new customers, ensuring they are maximizing the value TaroWorks is providing for their organization.
• Technical Support: Provide direct technical support to customers to ensure their success and satisfaction when using TaroWorks™.
• Build Scalable Support Systems: Develop a strategic plan for enabling scalable support solutions including self-service and community driven support. Build out our support website with proper training, videos and references so that customers can help themselves and one another and foster community led support.
• Help Improve Product: Provide critical input into design process by combining customer feedback with expert insight..
• Support Sales Team: Provide implementation advice, enhance technical knowledge, and create suitable demos where necessary.
The ideal candidate should have excellent problem solving and research skills, excellent at communicating in English (both verbal and written), display strong customer-focus and service mentality. While experience with the Salesforce platform is not a requirement, the successful candidate must prove their ability to learn new concepts and apply them quickly – it is recommended that applicants have at least a basic practical experience in data structure, programming and business processes. Reflective of most start-up environments, this is very much a hands-on position, with on-the-job training and in-the-trenches tactical work required.
This is an amazing chance to put your skills and passion to work in the fight against global poverty through a cutting-edge technology solution while gaining valuable operational and analytic experience with potential for advancement.
This role will report to the TaroWorks’ Group Product Manager who is based in Seattle, Washington. The engagement will be based in Nairobi.
• Develop and implement self-service support strategy. Create and maintain support resources, FAQs, training documentation and videos to ensure customers can resolve the majority of support questions independently.
• Develop customer on-boarding process and materials, including training and deployment plans, to ensure new customers quickly deploy TaroWorks and begin benefitting from TaroWorks.
• Provide Level 2 support to NGOs and social enterprises including responsive problem solving of technical issues, tracking and managing of support incidents and interfacing with engineering (Level 3 support) to ensure accurate problem resolution.
• Become an expert in TaroWorks™ and SalesForce.com functionality.
• Participate in product improvement by capturing customer needs and communicating them to the product team.
• Help reproduce error reports and test new releases.
• Compile customer use data, case statistics, and support metrics.
• Assist in the training of customers either on-site or online.
• Build reports and dashboards and provide business analytic capabilities through the use of standard reporting tools.
• Provide support to TaroWorks™ Sales and Product teams when needed.
• Plan, optimize and build data structure in Salesforce.
Required Skills, Traits and Experiences:
• Passion for the mission of Grameen Foundation and poverty alleviation.
• 3 – 5 years working experience, with at least 1 year experience providing technical support
• Exceptional communication skills – fluency in English, both written and verbal. Must be able to gather technical information and give instructions while maintaining a friendly, supportive and approachable tone.
• Strong technical skills - Proven aptitude in system thinking and problem solving, ability to learn new concepts quickly and apply them in combination.
• Customer-focus, empathy, service-attitude and patience a must.
• Strong relationship management skills to build deep, learning relationships with customers - comfortable speaking to business executives, technical staff and field staff sometimes with minimal education.
• Able to manage own time to juggle a list of outstanding tasks while responding to a variable caseload.
• Demonstrated ability to carry out a technical task with verbal instructions and limited supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to read and understand data models and relational databases, familiarity with web technologies and basic understanding of SQL or similar.
• Ability to effectively manage and communicate priorities, delivery expectations, risks and concerns to customer and team members.
• Up to 10% travel maybe required.
Preferred Skills, Traits and Experiences:
Note: The following is a long list of item that would be helpful for the role, but they are only preferred, so if you meet the Essential requirements above and even just one below – you are very much encouraged to apply.
• Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or business (with focus on operations or analytics)
• Experience with SalesForce.com, Zendesk and Android devices
• Experience with supporting and deploying mobile applications
• Experience in tutoring, teaching or training
• Experience in organizing and analyzing data
• Experience organizing workflows / managing business processes
• Experience moderating an online forum a plus
• Ability to film (screencast) and edit videos, then publish them to YouTube
• Basic Object Oriented Programming language (C, C++, Java)
• Intermediate PowerPoint (slide organization & complex custom animation)
• Intermediate Excel (comfortable with pivot table, filters, search and replace)
How to apply
Interested candidates may apply by email to email@example.com. Please put “Customer Success Manager, TaroWorks™” in the subject line. No Calls Please.
- Wireless Wednesday... Wednesday 30th July 2014 12:00pm
- The OLX Experience... Friday 25th July 2014 6:00pm
- Wireless Wednesday - Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya... Wednesday 23rd July 2014 12:00pm
- #FailFaire Nairobi - Mishaps. Mistakes. Migraines... Thursday 17th July 2014 7:00pm